Men and TE possibility?

Can men experience telogen effluvium? On the heels of an adult onset eczema diagnosis, I've now been experiencing diffuse hair loss all over (brows, lashes, pubic, etc). I've now seen two derms who both say it isn't AA. My tsh is within normal range, and nothing abnormal at recent physical. I've experienced great stress over the last year and do not know what's going on. Any ideas?

Stress and hair loss

Both men and women can experience hair loss related to stress.  Usually when the stress resolves the hair growth will resume.  If not improvement once the stress resolves you may want to see a hair loss specialist who can run a more extensive panel of blood work and possibly a biopsy.

Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

Men and TE possibility?

Thanks for your query. Yes, telogen effluvium is possible in males. But if it very diffuse and going from your brows , pubic and lashes , then you should undergo full hormonal profile to reach a diagnosis. Hope it helps.

All The Best

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

TE in male

This can be a difficult diagnosis because 99% of men with hair loss have some form of genetic hair loss. See a doctor

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Male TE

Men can experience telogen effluvium of the acute TE variety. There are many mimickers of TE in men so be sure to see a dermatologist who specializes in hair loss for guidance.

An extended blood test panel plus a scalp biopsy (or biopsy from areas you are losing hair) could prove helpful.