What to do about these mastopexy scars! Keloid v. Hypertrophic, I dont know!! (photos)

I had a mastopexy in Oct 14 and the scars did not heal well. In April 15 I did a scar revision with original PS. They have turned red again with slight swelling. I started a new scar cream and rosehip oil, It seems to be decreasing the swelling. I may need laser or steroid injections but I need advice. Also my left nipple has railroad tracks which shouldnt happen. my skin rejected the sutures and started surfacing them. Dots are from the sutures that stayed in and healed left brest.

Wait

It takes 1 - 2 years for the scars to mature. Leave them alone, they will get better. They are not keloidal. 

Scars

Thank you for your questions and photographs.  My advice is to wait a full year before considering a scar revision or laser treatment.  They do not appear to be keloid or hypertrophic.  I wish you good luck.

Immature Scars

Scars are a natural result of surgery.  Your scars are not keloid and not hypertrophic in nature.  They appear to be immature.  Immature scars are red/pink, sometimes firm and perhaps tender.  Give your scars time - sometimes as long as 1 1/2 years and I think that you will be happy.  Patience

Scar issue

I'm sorry to hear that your scars are not satisfactory even after a revision.  Scar treatment and time will often be the solution for them to soften and to lighten.

What to do about these mastopexy scars! Keloid vs. Hypertrophic, I don't know!!

Thank you for your question. If you are unhappy with your scars you may want to consider a revision. Steroid injections are indicated for thick scars. You will want to be assessed, speak with a plastic surgeon regarding treatment. Best, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Scar treatment

Thank you for your question and photographs.I recommend that my patients wait at least a year before considering a scar revision. You scars are still healing and changing within the first 12 months. After this period, laser treatments and keloid injections can be beneficial in reducing the appearance of the scars further. I would continue to use scar creams/gels and refrain from direct sunlight exposure or tanning beds. 
Best of luck in your recovery!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon