Lipo with no tummy tuck. Can I only get lipo ? (photos)

I've been told I need a tummy tuck. Can I only get lipo ? & bbl. i'm still young and not sure about that scar

Lipo or a Tummy Tuck for a "young" woman.

You can achieve some benefit from liposuction and delay having a tummy tuck for the future if you wish but recognize that you will not get any muscle tightening or skin removal benefit.  Your back contour should be significantly improved by lipo alone.  Discuss the benefits and limitations of each procedure with your surgeon so that you are confident with your decision. Enjoy your results and stay healthy with diet and exercise.

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca

Liposuction

Thank you for your question and sharing your pictures. I would want to examine you in person before giving you my recommendations. Since you are young (not sure your exact age), you may want to hold off on a tummy tuck until after you have had kids (if that is something you are planning on). I recommend consulting in person with a few different board certified plastic surgeons to get a few opinions so you truly know what will give you the best outcomes. I have provided a link to my guide on the Top 5 Tips For The Best Liposuction Results for you to review to help you as you are trying to find the best plastic surgeon to perform your procedure. Hope it helps!

Jimmy S. Firouz, MD, FACS

Tummy Tuck - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck, not just liposuction. The abdominal skin excision and muscle tightening could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. Liposuction could be used to better define your flanks and hips at the time of tummy tuck surgery. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!

DrDerby

Thank you for your photos and the question. I would recommend a full Tummy tuck and lipo in all areas needed, Best of luck 

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Liposuction or tummy tuck?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction and tummy tuck.

• You are young - you may want more children. So keep the tummy tuck for later.
  • Liposuction will remove the excess fat from your lower back and sides.
  • It is hard to say how much it will flatten the stomach without an examination.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Liposuction Abdomen or Tummy Tuck?

Dear Christine, Thank you for posting your photographs with you interesting question. It appears that liposuction of your abdomen and flanks will help you. You are young and your skin quality is good enough to retract giving you the body contour you desire. A tummy tuck has a longer scar and I do not recommend it for younger women who are considering future pregnancies. I recommend that you have a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who can examine you, discuss your goals and your best surgical option, and show you many of their before and after liposuction and tummy tuck results. Only when you are completely comfortable with the proposed procedure and the plastic surgeon, should you proceed. Best wishes, Dr. Richard Swift

Liposuction or Tummy Tuck

Thanks for your question and pictures. You can certainly have liposuction without a tummy tuck. Liposuction will remove excess fat and sculpt your abdomen. If you have liposuction now, you can always have a tummy tuck later on.

Lipo and BBL

You can definitely do liposuction alone and should not feel pressured to do something you don't want.  An abdominoplasty is likely to give you a better cosmetic result.  However, if you have realistic expectations about what liposuction can accomplish, it may be a very good choice for you.  It's best to discuss this in person with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck.

Brian A. Pinsky, MD
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Lipo vs tummytuck

a thorough history and physical by a board certified plastic surgeon is the only way to get a precise answer to your question. Based on the pictures alone, I feel that you can get a significant improvement with just liposuction as long as you are willing to tolerate a little bit of loose skin below the belly button.The best result may require a tummytuck, but not everyone needs to have the very best appearance to be satisfied. Your age, lifestyle and work may mean a tummytuck is not right for you now. Still making a personal improvement with liposuction alone seems appropriate .  

Best regards, prashant Soni m.d.

Prashant Soni, MD
Danbury Plastic Surgeon

Lipo

I have treated a lot of patients who are candidate for tummy tuck but do not want the scar or post-op recovery and choose liposuction after a careful explanation of limitations. The skin will still be loose and the muscles will not be tightened with liposuction.