Is this an infection? (Photos)

I had a breast lift with progressive gel 325cc implants. 3 weeks ago and I wanted to know if this is an infection I was having a bit of yellowish discharge.

Infection after augmentation mastopexy

Thanks for reaching out.  It is hard to tell for sure if there is an infection.  It definitely appears to have delayed healing.  You should see your surgeon right away in person to make the right diagnosis.  If it is an infection it would need to be treated right away in order to protect your implant.
I hope this helps :)

Livingston Plastic Surgeon

Delayed healing after your surgery

There does some to be some fibrinous exudate. You should certainly be seen by your surgeon since you have implants and want to avoid worsening and infection of your implants. Give your surgeon a call and I am sure he/she would be happy to see you.

? infection

I would share your photos with your PS. There seems to be some scabbing around the periaroela scar. The discharge is probably related to the dissolving stitches. The skin does not look red / inflammed but I would get some advice from your PS.

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Infection after breast augmentation-lift

Hello, The combination breast augmentation-lift surgery requires utmost execution and care to ensure proper healing.                   Patients must refrain from smoking, excessive early physical activity, and abrasive bras. That being said, it's best for you to visit your surgeon to diagnose the underlying cause of your poor healing and to offer prompt treatment. Patients may react to sutures or have poor circulation to the area which can lead to wound breakdown and infection. These issues can all be diagnosed  and treated by your surgeon. Regards,Dr. Pedy Ganchi                                                                                                                                                        Village Plastic Surgery

Pedy Ganchi, MD
Ridgewood Plastic Surgeon

Post-Op Healing and Infection

Healing will go on for 2-3 months for the early period.  There may be some swelling, bruising, malposition, color differences.   Sensation will be abnormal.  Scars will be changing. If my patients have concerns that something is unusual about their healing process, it is important for them to call the office and discuss these concerns or come in to be examined. There is definitely a possibility of infection in the incision you show, so it would be a good idea to visit your surgeon in person to have the area evaluated. Best of luck!

Tissue necrosis

This is tissue necrosis which may or may not be addressable with local measures.  It requires the attention of your surgeon.

Infection?

It is difficult to tell from the photos, but I can see that you have delayed healing. You should review care with your surgeon. Best of luck.