Implant dropped too soon? (photos)

17 days post op , have they dropped too soon ? I have 300 cc silicone subpectoral . Is there any concerns to implants dropping so soon? My PS said its fine over the phone but didn't ask for any pictures . Just looking for some other opinions .

Implant dropping

Good afternoon,

It looks to me like you are healing quite well for 17 days. Just keep following your plastic surgeons advice and I'm sure you will heal up just fine.

Implant dropping

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Good afternoon,

Implant dropped too soon?

Thank you for your photos, it is a pleasure to answer your question. You look great after 17 days from breast augmentation surgery. Sometimes you will have one breast that will settle before the other one. It can take anywhere from 4-6 months for your breasts to fully heal and drop/settle into their final position. I recommend patience and follow up closely with your surgeon. Hope this helps. Good luck. 

Carlos Recio, MD
Cali Plastic Surgeon

Implant dropped too soon?

Carlos Recio, MD
Cali Plastic Surgeon

Implant issue

Everyone's implants drop at different rates for different reasons. In general, I tell patients to allow about 4-6 months for them to see where they settle.  Best of luck.

Implant issue

Dropping too soon

Form your photos it looks like you will have an excellent result and I would agree with your surgeon's opinion

Dropping too soon

Breast augmentation recovery

It appears you are healing well with no obvious visual concerns.  Continue to follow the advice of your surgeon and keep all post operative care visits.

Breast augmentation recovery

Implants dropping

Things look fine.  The only issue would be if one or both dropped too far.  This does not look to be the case.  Keep in close contact with your plastic surgeon, and enjoy your result!

Dr. Subbio
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Newtown Square/Philadelphia, PA

Implants dropping

Dr. Subbio
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Newtown Square/Philadelphia, PA

Implants dropping

thanks for the question and photos

They look fine. Breasts drop at different times and st different rates. You must allow for 4-6 months for final symmetry

Best of luck

Implants dropping

thanks for the question and photos

Best of luck

Implant position

It appears that you are healing well. It takes more than just a couple of weeks to see your final result. That being said, continue visiting with your plastic surgeon to make sure you are on track.

Thank you,

Implant position

Thank you,

Post Op

Yes, you are correct- it appears that your right breast has dropped more than your left breast.  This does not appear to be a problem.  The left should catch up to the right which appears completely normal.  You should consult your plastic surgeon with any concerns.

Barry M. Schwartz, MD
Weston Plastic Surgeon

Post Op

Barry M. Schwartz, MD
Weston Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photographs.

It is important to address any post-operative concerns with your primary surgeon. It is hard to give you an accurate answer without seeing pre-op photos to know what your previous anatomy was like. Swelling after a breast augmentation occurs with 100% of patients, while the swelling goes down, your breasts will drop into their pockets and sometimes the swelling in one breast may resolve quicker than the other as well as drop sooner or they may both just heal and drop quickly. Every patient has a slightly different recovery so the fact that your breasts may have dropped sooner than others shouldn’t be a concern especially if your surgeon is not alarmed by it. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your recovery!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

Breast augmentation

Best of luck in your recovery!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery