Implant dropped too soon? (photos)

17 days post op , have they dropped too soon ? I have 300 cc silicone subpectoral . Is there any concerns to implants dropping so soon? My PS said its fine over the phone but didn't ask for any pictures . Just looking for some other opinions .

Implant dropping

Good afternoon,

It looks to me like you are healing quite well for 17 days. Just keep following your plastic surgeons advice and I'm sure you will heal up just fine.

Implant dropped too soon?

Thank you for your photos, it is a pleasure to answer your question. You look great after 17 days from breast augmentation surgery. Sometimes you will have one breast that will settle before the other one. It can take anywhere from 4-6 months for your breasts to fully heal and drop/settle into their final position. I recommend patience and follow up closely with your surgeon. Hope this helps. Good luck. 

Carlos Recio, MD
Cali Plastic Surgeon

Implant issue

Everyone's implants drop at different rates for different reasons. In general, I tell patients to allow about 4-6 months for them to see where they settle.  Best of luck.

#breastaugmentation #implants #plasticsurgery

Hi Katie04, Congratulations on your recent surgery and thank you for sharing your question about your post operative recovery and results after your breast augmentation surgery.  Final results can take up to six months for all the swelling to subside.  At our office here at CARE we actually see all of our breast surgery patients the very next day after surgery and then again at two weeks and beyond. We enjoy staying closely connected to our patients and enjoy giving the extra attention and service.  Your concerns are important to discuss directly with your board certified plastic surgeon.  He or she will appreciate the open communication and will want to help you. I hope this is helpful and wish you all the very best.  Sincerely, Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS
CARE Plastic Surgery

Brian Coan, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Dropping too soon

Form your photos it looks like you will have an excellent result and I would agree with your surgeon's opinion

Breast augmentation recovery

It appears you are healing well with no obvious visual concerns.  Continue to follow the advice of your surgeon and keep all post operative care visits.

Camille Cash, MD

Implants dropping

Things look fine.  The only issue would be if one or both dropped too far.  This does not look to be the case.  Keep in close contact with your plastic surgeon, and enjoy your result!

Dr. Subbio
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Newtown Square/Philadelphia, PA

Christian Subbio, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Implants dropping

thanks for the question and photos

They look fine. Breasts drop at different times and st different rates. You must allow for 4-6 months for final symmetry

Best of luck

Douglas Taranow, DO, FACOS

Implant position

It appears that you are healing well. It takes more than just a couple of weeks to see your final result. That being said, continue visiting with your plastic surgeon to make sure you are on track.

Thank you,

Post Op

Yes, you are correct- it appears that your right breast has dropped more than your left breast.  This does not appear to be a problem.  The left should catch up to the right which appears completely normal.  You should consult your plastic surgeon with any concerns.

Barry M. Schwartz, MD
Weston Plastic Surgeon