I had a Tummy tuck three months ago and now I'm having a very painful burning sensation below the incision on my right side.

3 months post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
At this point (3 months post-po) the swelling is normal.
To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Tummy tuck question

Sorry to hear you are having this issue following your tummy tuck. The burning sensation is most commonly an issue with a nerve. The nerve may have been divided during surgery, caught in a stitch or encased in scar tissue. Call you doctor and make an appointment to see them. They will be able to advise you best what may be done to lessen your discomfort.

Burning after Tummy Tuck

Thanks for reaching out.  That is a great question.  There is a small nerve that is in the area of Tummy Tuck surgery called the Lateral Femoral Cutaneous Nerve.  Sometimes during surgery it can be injured.  Most of the time it is self limiting. meaning that it goes away with time.  The best thing is to follow up with your surgeon, and try to be patient while waiting for it to resolve.

I hope this helps :)

John Paul Tutela, MD
Livingston Plastic Surgeon