I have a torn earlobe that has been opened in half for about 8 years. The second earlobe is not completely open.

I am 27 years old about how much would this procedure cost me? How long does it take ? I am just scared of permanently destroying my earlobes.

Cost Varies

Hello Steph,

Depending upon the extent of your problem this is likely do-able under local anesthesia in the office. In my area, you are looking at a little over a thousand dollars as long as the case is not too complicated.

Best Regards,

John Di Saia MD

Orange Plastic Surgeon

Torn earlobes

Torn earlobes are usually repaired pretty easily. I can repair both in about 20 minutes under local on the same day just as long as the patient is healthy and has not taken any medications that could cause bleeding ( aspirin, or anti-inflammatories).

Earlobe repair

This is a straight forward procedure that can be performed in the office setting under local anesthesia.  Although you are afraid of the effect on your earlobes, having a complete tear isn't aesthetically pleasing.  Cost will vary based on geographic location and other factors. Occasionally, this surgery may be covered by insurance. 

Repair of torn earlobes

Torn earlobes are commonly repaired and this procedure can normally be done in the office with just a local anesthesia to numb the area.  The procedure does not take much time and the cost will vary by surgeon.  The cost roughly would be a few to several hundred dollars.  I would see a facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon