I am interested in purchasing Botox for the sole purpose of hiding the veins in my hands. What is the cost per hand? (photo)

Hand Treatment

The best hand treatment would not be Botox but a filler such as Restylane or Radiesse.  This is a highly skilled injection technique and I would be cautious about going to an experienced physician.  Best, Dr. Green

Hand Rejuvenation

Brown spots, volume loss, fine lines and prominent veins on the hands are common changes that occur over time with aging and sun exposure.  Volume loss is treated by restoring volume with fat, dermal fillers or Sculptra, and camouflages prominent veins in addition to restoring fullness. Sclerotherapy may also be used to treat veins in the hands. Botox is used to relax muscles of facial expression and is therefore not indicated for treatment of aging hands. Intense pulsed light is a great option for banishing brown spots, and there are several resurfacing devices that are suitable for smoothing fine wrinkling on the hands.

Tina B. West, MD
Washington Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox will not help reduce appearance of veins in hands

Botox is not the best choice for reducing the appearance of veins in the hands. In fact, it won’t help at all! Instead, Radiesse or other fillers can be used to great effect to add volume and conceal your hand veins. If the veins are especially prominent, sclerotherapy to dissolve the unwanted veins could also be an option. I recommend having a consultation with a board-certified dermatologist to evaluate your veins and come up with a custom treatment plan including cost.

Kimberly Butterwick, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Hand Filler

Botox is used cosmetically to relax muscles and prevent lines from being formed.  With the concerns you have listed you would be a good candidate for filler in the hands.  Filler will give volume and structure back and will help to conceal veins in the hands.  Cost is per syringe of filler, typically starting at $500 and goes up depending on the filler chosen. BellaFill and Fat Grafting is another option that is more long lasting.  Good luck!

Hannah Vargas, MD
Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers for Hand Rejuvenation

BOTOX  relaxes muscles and is not a used to treat the hands.
You would benefit greatly  instead from fillers that can plump the tissues and
hide the prominent veins.
Radiesse is a great, quick  in-office injectable option that works immediately and can
last for several months(7-9+).
Fat grafting is also a great treatment for this area and can have longer lasting results.

Dr. Pedy Ganchi
Village Plastic Surgery

Pedy Ganchi, MD
Ridgewood Plastic Surgeon

Filler

Hi Lorris

Thank you for your question and photo.  Botox is a neurotoxin that helps relax muscle movement which is what causes wrinkles.  Botox would not be your choice for volume loss.  If you are wanting more volume in your hands its best to use a dermal filler such as radiesse or juvederm.  You should consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to find your best treatment plan.  Best of luck

#Fillers are Best for Hand #Rejuventaion

Veins can become prominent in the hands with volume loss over time. Botox is ideal for wrinkles and fine lines caused by overactive muscles in the skin. Botox is typically not a recommended treatment for volume loss. A dermal filler that can restore volume such as Juvederm, Restylane or Radiesse would work better in this situation.

Adam J. Mamelak, MD
Austin Dermatologic Surgeon

Veins in hand and Botox?

Botox is not used for hand soft tissue loss. I think you mean fillers like hyaluronic acid or perhaps radiuses.  Best of luck.

Volumizing Fillers Work Well For Nonsurgical Hand Rejuvenation

Botox (and other wrinkle relaxers, such as Dysport and Xeomin) are most often used to treat dynamic wrinkling due to the activity of the muscles of facial expression that give rise to crow's feet, worry lines and frown lines. It is also used to treat the ropey cords in the neck, as well as the horizontal necklace lines that come with aging. It is NOT used for volumizing the hands or masking the prominent blood vessels and tendons located there that are characteristic of age-related volume loss in the hands. 

Volumizing fillers, such as Radiesse Plus and Voluma XC, which I typically use for this purpose in my Manhattan practice, and Stylage XXL and Emervel Volume that I opt for in my Israel satellite facility where a far greater number of regulatory agency approved fillers and volumizers are available work well for this purpose. The object of volumization is to restore sufficient fullness to the backs of the hands to mask both the blood vessels and the tendons that become prominent with the passage of time owing to fat loss. In experienced hands, the procedure should takes only about five minutes or so per hand.

Fees vary according to location. Some physicians charge according to the particular material injected and the number of syringes of that material used. Others, including myself, charge a fixed fee according to the job, no matter how many syringes are needed, which may run about 1500-1200, depending upon the particular material selected to achieve optimal results.  

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Dermal filler is the answer

Agreed, Botox will not be the answer here.   We tend to use Juvederm in this area to plump and rejuvenate hands, and often combine it with Fraxel laser to help the texture and tone of skin.  Best wishes, Shobhan.