I had coolsculping 1/27. I'm in such pain and burning in my lower abdomen on the left and right side. What can I do?

What can I use or do to stop that burning and pain it's keeping me up at nights.

Thank you for your question. If you are feeling burning pain, I would recommend speaking to your treating physician. He/she may be able to provide you with a medication that can help you with your recovery. Regards, 

Hi and sorry to hear about your symptoms. Numbness and mild pain are common following coolsculpting treatments but not severe pain as you have described. I would recommend that you return to the clinic where the treatments were performed so you can be examined and appropriate measures including pain medication can be prescribed. Good luck.

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS, FICS
Triple Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS

Pain after CoolSculpting

Hello and thank you for reaching out. Pain and burning are unfortunately common side effects from the treatment. If it is causing issues with your everyday activities, please consult with your doctor and he prescribe some medication that will treat those symptoms. Best Wishes!

Pain After CoolSculpting

Pain after CoolSculpting is most common in patients who have received treatment on the abdominal area.  This type of discomfort is usually described as shooting, stabbing pain and typically starts 4-5 days post-treatment.  You should contact your treating physician so that you can be evaluated and potentially given prescription medication that has been shown alleviate this side effect.  Typically, this type of post-CoolSculpting pain resolves within 14 days.

Tina B. West, MD
Washington Dermatologic Surgeon

Pain after Coolsculpting

The lower abdomen can sometimes have some burning or pain in that area from nerve stimulation.  I suggest that you contact your physician for Nerontin for the pain.  Best, Dr. Green

Coolsculpting

This is unusual. When it does happen it is usually due to irritation of the nerves in the treatment area. Certain medications may be helpful until this calms down. You should call your treating physician and discuss this with them. An in person exam is needed. 

Pain after Coolsculpting

Thank you for your question.  It is fairly common to have burning pain after coolsculpting as a result of the nerves getting irritated by the cold.  There are a few prescription medications that can treat this pain, such as Neurontin or Lyrica.  Contact your physician for either of these treatments.  The pain will also improve with time. 

Carmen Kavali, MD

Had coolsculping 1/27. I'm in such pain and burning in my lower abdomen on the left and right side. What can I do?

This is actually not that unusual. I put my patients on a course of gabapentin starting at 300 mgm in the evening and increasing to a dose of 900 mgm. This seems to work. Be sure to check with your PCP / PMD that there are no interactions with any meds you are currently taking. I had coolsculpting and was really happy with the results but it can take several treatments and it is not a substitute for weigh-loss or a treatment for obesity. Be sure to consult for treatments with a  surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who can advise you on all treatment options.

Laurence Kirwan, MD, FRCS, FACS
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon