I got burned with acid about 8 years ago. I want to know if there is a way a doctor can get rid of the burn completely

Private area

Burn removal

Hello, many methods available to help improve burns. Without any photos or an in person evaluation, hard to comment more specifically on options available. Many devices and lasers which can help improve burn scars and dermatologists are the best specialists to see for lasers since the technology was developed by dermatologists at Harvard. Other options may include plastic surgery. Complete removal is usually not likely but improvement is generally possible.

Stamford Dermatologic Surgeon

Burn

Hello and thank you for your question.  I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD