I need answers. I don't know what to do. Is this symmastia? (Photos)

Ok so now I'm 1 year and 7 months post op. 450cc under the muscle. The center is no space. As you can see in pics the pen stays. I asked my surgeon he said the muscles are still in tact. What do I do. I can't afford a revision. I need advice please

Is this synmastia?

Thank you for sharing your question and I can see your area of concern.  When you flex your pectoralis muscle there appears to be a clearly defined separation between your implants, indicating that synmastia has not occurred.  If you are interested in increasing the gap you would need to pursue revision breast surgery with an exchange to smaller implants.  Hope this helps.

No symmastia

Thank you for the question and photos. Clearly your implants are very close but you have a defined space between the breasts especially when you contract your muscles. In true symmastia there is tenting between the breasts and they appear as one continuous breast as a uniboob. Your results are good. Try smaller implants if you don't mind going a little smaller otherwise try High profile implants which are narrower in diameter. 

Dr. Khuthaila 

Dana Khuthaila, MD, FACS

No symmastia

There is a clear defined space between the two breasts. It does not look like symmastia,  Best of luck.

Synmastia

Thanks for reaching out. It does look like it is close to Synmastia.  The best thing to do right now is order the Thong bra.  It will work in creating more space between your breasts.  You want to wear it all of the time for at least 3 months.  You can find it on thongbra.com

I hope this helps :)

John Paul Tutela, MD
Livingston Plastic Surgeon

Symmastia

Symmastia is where you have lost the central cleavage usually as a result of surgical dissection across the most medial portion of the muscle.  This causes elevation of that central cleavage area allowing the implant to move across the center of the chest.  It gives the appearance is if you have one large breast instead of two separate breasts.  From your photographs you clearly do not have the Symmastia.  You have implants that come very close to the midline but there does not appear to be any violation of that medial muscle area.    It looks like you have an excellent result and only you can be the judge of whether you are happy or not.  From your photographs it does not look like there is a reason for a revision.

Gerald L. Yospur, MD
Mesa Plastic Surgeon

No symmastia...

Your concerns are understandable. The photographs demonstrate that your breast implants that are close to one another but there is no symmastia present.  

Given your concerns, revisionary breast surgery will be helpful when it comes to  improving your breast implants' position.  In my practice, I have had the most success with these types of revisionary operations utilizing capsulorraphy techniques along with  the use of acellular dermal matrix (to support the attenuated tissues along the medial/cleavage  breast borders).

You may find the attached link, dedicated to this type of revisionary breast surgery, helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

What is this?

Hello Prettylips and thanks for your question. You have a very beautiful result from breast augmentation in the photos you have submitted. You mentioned your breast implants are 450 cc and the photos show you have a very narrow frame. With such a large breast implant there could be some symmastia, but I see in some of the photos you still have a separation between your breasts. With these photos a solid diagnosis cannot be made online, and I suggest you seek a second opinion from a board certified plastic surgeon in your area that can actually perform a physical examination to determine if there's symmastia. Best wishes, Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD