Is this my final result??? (photos)

I had a lower transconjunctival bleph 15 days ago with Dr. Yael Halaas. I went to her believing she was my best option. Someone from her staff called me the next day but never again. I'm afraid this is my final results. My fat pads were small, so I don"t understand why I have these bags now. I'm so scared because I actually look worst than before. It wouldn't be fair after $4056 and the pain I went through. Please, give hopes!!!

Give it time

I would not be concerned with this. I think it is way too early to get concerned with your final result.  Many patients take a multitude of weeks to fully mature their eyelid incisions and swelling that occurs below the eyelid fat will can take a month or even longer to fully resolve.  Hang in there...

Saint Louis Oculoplastic Surgeon

Swelling post lower lid bleph

You seem to be healing well.  The swelling you see is not in the area of the fat pads - it is below it.  There is a natural barrier between the lid and cheek.  After a surgery fluid can accumulate there as it has in you creating the puffiness.  This will resolve with time.  

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Healing after blepharoplasty procedure

It would be helpful to see your pre-operative photos.  Generally, it's not unusual to have a certain amount of swelling in the delicate eyelid area 15 days after your blepharoplasty procedure.  Make sure to follow up with your surgeon in order to assess the final result and to see if you need additional procedures to achieve the correction you want. 

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Results from Lower Blepharoplasty Surgery

It is a very challenging time shortly after any facial plastic surgery.  Your face may look quite different than what you are used to seeing in the mirror.  Eyelid surgery takes 6 months to 1 year to heal fully.  At 2 weeks post-op it is far to early to assess your final result.  Lower eyelid surgery is unique in that the purpose of the surgery is often to remove "swelling" under the eyes and yet the procedure itself likely causes swelling.  Please be patient.  You could check with your surgeon as to when you might be seen again.  Best of luck in your recovery.

Damon B. Chandler, MD
Moorestown Oculoplastic Surgeon

2 wks post bleph

You are only two weeks post blepharoplasty and it is too early to see the final results. Be patient and good luck.

Bags after lower blepharoplasty

There is likely to be a lot of residual swelling at two weeks, even if the skin looks close to healed. If there are still bags at 8-12 weeks you should discuss this with your doctor. It's definitely too early to judge your results.

Mitesh Kapadia, MD, PhD
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon