They are so different do they need to drop or is one side more swollen than the other?

I am four weeks post op n my left breast has been swelling since the day after surgery could it be the trauma that's causing the delay

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after breast surgery.  Your plastic surgeon will always be your best resource when it comes to accurate assessment and/or advice.

Generally speaking, breast implants will "drop" into the pocket that was created during surgery. The rate of breast implant "settling" may depend on factors such as size of breast implant pocket dissected, tightness of the overlying skin/muscle layers, and size of breast implant utilized. Normally, it takes about 3-6 months (for some patients longer) to see the final result. It is very common for one side to settle faster than the other.

Sometimes, other factors such as asymmetric swelling and or fluid accumulation may explain breast asymmetry after surgery.

In cases where significant breast asymmetry persists, the pros/cons associated with revisionary breast surgery should be carefully considered prior to making decisions whether or not to undergo further surgery. 

Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Breast implants

It is hard to say but you would need to show preop photos to compare, and you are best to be seen in person to be properly evaluated.

Breast asymmetry

Thanks for reaching out.  Your breast will go through many changes in the next six months. They will go through them a different rates.  Your swelling and positioning should even out by 6 months post op.  If it persists past that have a discussion with your plastic surgeon to come up with a plan.

I hope this helps :)

John Paul Tutela, MD
Livingston Plastic Surgeon