Any cure for big white birthmarks on legs? (Photo)

Hi my name is Lina and this is my birth mark and I would like to know if there is any cure for this white mark that I got only on one leg I am really unhappy because every time I want to go to the beach or basically any place with shorts I can't because I will feel bad to see everyone staring at my leg, so please help me , I really need a doctor advice or a cure.

Doctor Answers 1

Segmental vitiligo vs others and birthmarks

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
OK, firstly we need to diagnose this condition. If you could see a general dermatologist, this would help. You may have segmental vitiligo. This is very hard to treat, in theory RECELL technology can treat this, but your pigment cells maybe prone to 'self destruct ' in this area. 

I would do a graft transfer first before anything else as a test patch. 

All the best

Dr Davin Lim 
Brisbane, Australia. 

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.