Brushing and dark red blood approx 14 days mastopexy no implant? (Photo)

I am about 14 days post mastopexy. I have been spring and a bit broad around one nipple and a larger bruise on the side of other breast. No pain. Just worried about the dark blood. Can I change my own dressing? I notice that some people took theirs off on the site.

Post op care in Breast surgery

In general the first dressing placed in the operating room should have been changed by now. You should definitely follow up with your surgeon, and if you are having trouble, changing the dressing yourself should be fine. Call your surgeon's office and ask them for guidance. Good luck!

Breast Lift Two Week Recovery

Thank you for your question about recovery from breast lift.

You are two weeks recovered and dressings are still intact.  Have you seen your surgeon for follow up yet?

For specific questions like this and about your recovery in general, it is best to speak directly with your doctor or doctor’s representative – such as his or her nurse, or the physician on call for the practice.

You will likely get many differing opinions from members of the RealSelf Community, but they have not physically seen or examined you. Nobody should know you or your unique set of circumstances better than your doctor.

If you feel you are not being listened to or you are doubting your doctor’s recommendations, then it is certainly within your rights to seek a second opinion and get the advice from another board certified physician. This should be done through an in-person consultation with a thorough evaluation, including a review of your history, review of all prior treatment and with a physical examination.

Obviously, if you think that you are having a medical emergency or other serious problem, you should call 911 and/or go to your nearest emergency room.

Best Wishes.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Mastopexy

You still have dressings on so it is hard to say what is going on. Speak with your surgeon about removing the dressings and being evaluated.

Brushing and dark red blood approx 14 days mastopexy no implant?

I have to say that you are still early on healing process, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, it is normal and that can happen for the first 3 months until your implants have settle in. Open wounds and scars are also very common in this procedure, and also if it happens, you have to get with your plastic surgeon for cleaned and if it's worse , put stitches on it.I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support… 

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD