Do these breasts look like they are normal or should I be worried? Especially about the left? (Photos)

Am 5 weeks mastopexy W/O implants. The left nipple looks different. I still feel pain in this breast still. Sometimes like a pulling or as if something is filling up with fluid in there. It is a bit harder that the right breast which had a huge bruise to the side. Do they look like they are healing normally? Am concerned about the little Yellow dots underneath the left breast as well as the nipple area. Thank you fit taking the time.

It looks like you are healing ok based upon the photos. If you have any concerns, you should see you surgeon in person. Good luck.

Needs time

The breasts are healing and should be fine.The swelling/bruising and pain are related to a big procedure.The yellow dots can be covered with antibiotic ointment and should be OK.Followup with your surgeon.

Do these breasts look like they are normal or should I be worried? Especially about the left?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. It is too soon to determine specific results my dear, you have to wait for them to heal...The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Healing after mastopexy

You are in the early postoperative phase of healing. The wounds will continue to mature and the breasts will settle down.Best, Dr. Yegiyants

Sara Yegiyants, MD, FACS
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon