Will my boobs go back to how they were? (Photos)

I am 8 days post op. I had a breast lift with augmentation 250CC. I originally just wanted a breast lift but my doctor said I will go down a size, so I decided to do the aug. My original size is 36C. Now i am happy with my size but just not happy with the lift. I feel once the implants settle, my breast will look like before, just bigger. I know its very early to tell but the day after surgery I loved how my upper pole looked, but they were swollen. Any opinions?

Breast lift

You possibly could have been lifted a bit more but the breasts will change more over time. If you remove the implants that breasts will appear flatte.

Breast lift with implants

Your results look great.  Your body looks more proportional with the implants than without.  You are in the early post-operative period and allow some time for you to get a better idea of the final results.

Saira Saini, MD
Fayetteville Plastic Surgeon

Will my boobs go back to how they were?

Thank you for your question.  It's still way too early to make any judgment on your final result.  Allow the swelling to settle down and the implants to settle into their final position.  Wait at least 3 months after surgery before getting a better idea about your surgical result.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Wait for some time

The final appearance, shape, and movement are not exactly the same as normal breasts. The surgically enlarged breasts do not move in the same way as normal breasts. They tend to be firmer. The contours are usually somewhat different than normal breasts. In some patients these discrepancies may be rather noticeable. Although every effort is made to place the implants symmetrically, complete symmetry is rarely achieved. Immediately after surgery, the breasts are swollen and firmer. The final shape and size is approximated after 2 to 3 months, but up to one year may be required for the end result.

Will my boobs go back to how they were?

At 8 days post op, you are very early in the healing phase.  I suggest you wear your surgical bra and follow up with your surgeon on a routine basis so he can monitor your progress.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Will my boobs go back to how they were?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well…
I have to say that you are still early on healing process, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, feel swollen and also have bruises and open wounds, it is normal and that can happen for the first 3 to 4 months until your implants have settle in. I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support!!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Post op breast augmentation

You should give it some time. You implants will settle over time and the overall look should improve. For the early post op period, your results look great. Follow your plastic surgeon's recommendations. Good luck!