Had a abdominal hysterectomy September 9th, 2016 and scheduled for a Tummy Tuck on October 17th, 2016 is that too soon?

Gap between 2 operation

Thank you for the question. I think waiting just one month before having another surgery on similar area is not enough. It would be wise to wait until your tissues are healed properly and got softened, at least 6 months. You should definitely consult this issue and your concerns with your surgeons.

Kind regards,

Guray

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

In my opinion it would be best if you wait 3-6  months to have an abdominoplasty after you have had prior abdominal surgery. Of course the decision will rest with the plastic surgeon that you choose to do your surgery.  However abdominal hysterectomy incision scar needs 3-6 months to mature.

Thank you for your question. you will have to check with your surgeon about this but however if you have approved for you to have the surgery then ıt should not be any problem. 

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

DrDerby

Thank you for your question. i feel that only 1 month between surgeries if very soon. I think you need to heal a bit more before having the surgery done. Best of luck 

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Tummy tuck after hysterectomy

I think that one month between surgeries is too soon. You need to heal from the hysterectomy and allow for the tissues to soften. I would probably wait at least 4-6 months.

Timing of procedures

I believe that it is too soon and that you should allow at least months to elapse between procedures.  I would want to know that all of the internal swelling had dissipated. Additionally, it would be important to know that any hormonal issues had stabilized.  Best wishes.

Tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question. I usually recommend waiting three months.  However, if you are in good health, have a normal hemoglobin, you may be okay.  I recommend speaking with both your GYN and plastic surgeon and asking their opinion.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD