I'm 38 years old and I have high cholesterol. Can I have a TT, BBL and lipo? (Photo)

I want to know, can I have done a tt, bbl, lipo being that I have high cholesterol?

I'm 38 years old and have high cholesterol. Can I have a TT, BBL and Lipo?

Thank you for your question. Speak with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options. You appear to be a good candidate for a TT procedure.

Tummy tuck & cholesterol

Assuming that the rest of your health is good, I don't think it should be an issue but speak with your surgeon. From your photos, I am not sure that you even need a tummy tuck. 
My best,
Dr. Sheila Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

High cholesterol

Hello dear, thanks for your post. Need more information to accurately answer your question such as blood pressure, family history of heart disease, personal history of heart disease, height, weight and age. High cholesterol in and of itself is not a risk factor but collectively it could indicate an underlying medical condition. See your family physician prior to considering surgery for clearance.

High cholesterol can suggest underlying cardiovascular disease. It is best to see your medical doctor to get this squared away.

Good luck :)

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Abdominoplasty

You are slim with some excess, stretched skin around your central abdomen (I suspect due to pregnancy/pregnancies).  I believe you would be a poor candidate for liposuction only.  I think you would have an excellent result from a tummy tuck.  As long as your general health was good & you are a non-smoker, I don't see any issue with a high cholesterol - but check this out fully with your plastic surgeon (& maybe check whether you need to be medicated with your GP).  Kind regards

Kim Taylor, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

BBL and lipo

In my opinion, you do not need a tummy tuck and since you want a BBL, I would recommend Vaser ultrasound liposuction.  This would tighten your abdominal skin and allow fat for transfer with less risks.

Of course medical clearance and an exam and consultation would be recommended to discuss your options and expectations.

Safety of surgery

The ability to have surgery is really dependent on your over all health.  for larger procedures, medical clearance is usually required.

David A. Lickstein, MD
Palm Beach Gardens Plastic Surgeon

High cholesterol and elective surgery

You should obtain bloodwork and medical clearance prior to surgery and if cleared you will be a candidate . Ofcourse remember to see a board certified plastic surgeon and the procedure should be done at an accredited facility. Good luck !

Shwetambara Parakh, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Surgery and high cholesterol

That alone should not be a problem. If your medical doctor feels your cholesterol is too high, perhaps they will put you on medication, but for surgery it should not be an issue.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

High Cholesterol and TT, BBL and Lipo

Thanks for the question.  High cholesterol is not a contraindication to your proposed procedures.  It looks like you would be a good candidate from the photos provided.  

I hope this helps :)

John Paul Tutela, MD
Livingston Plastic Surgeon

Medical Clearance for Cosmetic Surgery

As long as your other blood work is normal, there are no other medical issues, and you obtain medical clearance, you should be able to have the surgery. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Also liposuction instead of Tummytuck may be an option. Good Luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD