2 1/2 wk post op brachioplasty. Doesn't just but looks nasty - Is this an infection? (photo)

Infection after arm lift?

It's difficult to see exactly what is happening without directly examining you. There is a small chance this may be an infection. I recommend you contact your surgeon immediately and have them check you out. I wish you the best. Dr. Gabbay.

Post op brachioplasty wound concerns

Tough to call from the photo without the benefit of an examination.  Call your surgeon's office tomorrow and let them take a look to guide you thru your recovery. Best wishes

Craig Harrison, MD, PA
Tyler Plastic Surgeon

Arm Lift/Infection

It's hard to say exactly if it's an infection but it certainly appears that you are having a reaction to something. If you have an infection you may also have a temperature and the area may be hot. I would recommend checking in with your surgeon and seeing him for anearly post operative visit. 

John Allan Ness, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Brachioplasty questionable infection

Thank you for your question.  It is difficult to tell for sure from the photo.  It appears that you are having a normal inflammatory response to the desolvable sutures that is frequently seen 3-6 weeks after surgery or it may be a very early low-grade infection along the incision line.  I would recommend having your surgeon take a look at it so they can tell you for sure.  In the mean time, be sure to wash the area daily with a good antibacterial soap such as Dial or hibiclens.

Arm lift - do I have an infection after 2.5 weeks/

Thank you for your question about your arm lift.
  • Your photo suggests you are having a reaction to underlying sutures.
  • I suggest you contact your plastic surgeon, send her/him the same photo and ask if you should be seen earlier than planned to be checked.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS