2 1/2 wk post op brachioplasty. Doesn't just but looks nasty - Is this an infection? (photo)

Infection after arm lift?

It's difficult to see exactly what is happening without directly examining you. There is a small chance this may be an infection. I recommend you contact your surgeon immediately and have them check you out. I wish you the best. Dr. Gabbay.

Infection after arm lift?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Post op brachioplasty wound concerns

Tough to call from the photo without the benefit of an examination.  Call your surgeon's office tomorrow and let them take a look to guide you thru your recovery. Best wishes

Craig Harrison, MD, PA
Tyler Plastic Surgeon

Post op brachioplasty wound concerns

Craig Harrison, MD, PA
Tyler Plastic Surgeon

Arm Lift/Infection

It's hard to say exactly if it's an infection but it certainly appears that you are having a reaction to something. If you have an infection you may also have a temperature and the area may be hot. I would recommend checking in with your surgeon and seeing him for anearly post operative visit. 

Arm Lift/Infection

Brachioplasty questionable infection

Thank you for your question.  It is difficult to tell for sure from the photo.  It appears that you are having a normal inflammatory response to the desolvable sutures that is frequently seen 3-6 weeks after surgery or it may be a very early low-grade infection along the incision line.  I would recommend having your surgeon take a look at it so they can tell you for sure.  In the mean time, be sure to wash the area daily with a good antibacterial soap such as Dial or hibiclens.

Brachioplasty questionable infection

Arm lift - do I have an infection after 2.5 weeks/

Thank you for your question about your arm lift.
  • Your photo suggests you are having a reaction to underlying sutures.
  • I suggest you contact your plastic surgeon, send her/him the same photo and ask if you should be seen earlier than planned to be checked.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS