What would be the best way of enhancing my lips without looking unnatural? (Photo)

My mouth is small and my lips very thin but I do have quite a pronounced Cupid's bow. Ideally I would like fuller lips but without looking like I have been "done".

Lip enhancement

Hi Bromemma,
From the photo, it looks like you are a good candidate for upper lip lift (bullhorn lip lift), however, if you are not keen on a surgical procedure, a conservative amount of filler will also work well.

Thailand Facial Plastic Surgeon

Conservative Lip Augmentation

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photograph.  Based on your photo, you appear to be an excellent candidate for a conservative lip augmentation with a filler such as Juvederm.  Beautiful and natural results can be achieved.  Please be sure to see an expert injector for an in-person consultation to fully discuss your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Hope this helps and best wishes! 

Enhancing Lips with natural look

Good Afternoon and thank you for your question. I think a filler can help you achieve what you are looking for your lips. Restylane Silk can be an option as well as Juvederm Ultra XC or Belotero, they are FDA-approved products specifically designed for lip augmentation and the smoothing of wrinkles around the mouth in patients 21 years of age and older. They usually last around 12 months. Try it always with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Rafael Gottenger, MD

Best way to enhance my lips without looking unnatural?

Thank you for your question and photograph. I think you would do well with placement of a thicker dermal filler, such as Juvederm Ultra Plus, to enhance your overall lip volume.  Done carefully and incrementally to avoid excessive swelling and an unnatural appearance I think you can archieve a nice result.  Hope this helps.

Less is more

Thanks for sharing the photo and for the great question! In my opinion the key to not having lips which look over done is to not over do them! Make sure to see someone with a lot of experience injecting lips as this area can be tricky. Communicating to your injector exactly what you want is crucial to make sure that both of you are on the same page for the look you'd like to achieve. Best of luck in your area!