Is they any other alternative to fixing two upper protruding canines besides the extracting of my premolars? (photo)

I have two protruding upper canine teeth and my orthodontist recommended to remove my two upper premolars and then apply braces. Is their any other alternatives to removing the teeth?

Bicuspid Extractions Needed Before Braces?

You absolutely do NOT need to extract bicuspids before having braces to fix your "protruding" canines. You simply need to create more space for the canines that don't have room to erupt. This is done easily with a removable appliance that looks much like a simple retainer. It would take about six months to develop sufficient space for your canines. Benefits: save teeth, broader smile and increased airway health.Good luck!