Liposuction with soft skin? (photos)

Would I be able to get liposuction alone and have ok results without having a tuck as I wouldn't want a tuck.

Liposuction on loose abdominal skin

A good rule of thumb when considering liposuction of any kind is to NOT undergo fat removal at the expense of creating looser skin.  You can always have liposuction without making the skin loose, so long as you're mindful that you may not be able to remove all the fat necessary in order to obtain an optimal result in a particular area and keep the same level of skin tightness.  That's where your expectations come into play.  If you're dead set against a tummy tuck then understand that your surgeon needs to be very careful not to remove more abdominal fat than what your already loose skin can handle without getting any looser.  If you're ok with an improvement, then VASER Lipo of your abdomen and flanks may give you the best results because the VASER has an effect on skin tightening.  After over 30 years of performing liposuction, the past 15 with the VASER, I still would not commit to giving a full opinion without actually feeling your abdominal skin and determining it's elasticity.  Always choose a board certified plastic surgeon with body contouring experience and only consider a fully accredited surgical facility for your operation.

Liposuction and soft skin

Liposuction is great for body sculpting and deals with unwanted fat removal and skin tightening (BodyTite) to create pleasing results. In some patients, the protruding abdominal area is a result of muscle weakness or separation. In those cases, liposuction will only address excess fat and not the muscle issue. Such a patient may need surgery to repair the muscles.
As you can see, the choice of best procedure depends on thorough examination and assessment with qualified doctor.I hope that help and best regards, Dr. Mariusz Sapijaszko.

Mariusz Sapijaszko, MD, FRCPC
Edmonton Dermatologic Surgeon