What is the best treatment for my scars ? What percentage of results will I be able to see ? Will Bellafill work? (photos)

These images represent my scars under the worst type of lightening. My dermatologist says my scars are "superficial " because under natural daylight they are about 10-20% percent noticeable. I also took this picture after washing then moisturizing because I notice they stand out the most then. I have had ematrix and am on month 3 post last session. The both are about the size of a quarter on both sides and I have no scaring anywhere else on my face. Also I am 18 and my scars are about 1 yr old .

Treatment of Acne Scarring

I would agree that a combination approach is best. Acne scars which are in a more superficial plane will disappear or nearly disappear when the skin is stretched between two fingers. Those that are deeper will not change much with this "stretch test". Excellent correction can be obtained by doing a combination of energy based treatments (fractionated laser or fractionated RF), medical microneedling (using the full 2mm needle depth in most cases in the scar region) with PRP, possible subscision (maybe with Bellafill), AND an excellent skin care regime at home.

Lisa Vuich, MD

Nashua Physician

Treating acne scars with Bellafill and Infini

I think that Bellafill would be helpful in your case. I also like to use the Infini in acne scars. You can expect to see 50-60% improvement with treatment.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Bellafill for Acne Scars

Bellafill is approved for acne scars and works very well as long as the scars are soft and essentially go away when the skin is flattened or stretched out.  If so, then Bellafill is the first treatment I use.  After that, subcision, microneedling, medical grade chemical peels and laser are some of the other options but Bellafill to start is my preference for that best results.

I hope that helps.

Best regards.

Brian Windle, MD
Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

The Best Combination Treatment for Your Scars

It's hard to give you percentages because everyone's body is different and heals differently. For acne scarring, a combination would be best. I recommend using lasers, microneedling/PRP, fillers, and possible subcision.  See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer.