Follow-up Question - Revision necessary? I was asked for more photos- before and after supplied. (photos)

I will be a year post op in December 345ccs under muscle Allergan silicone. The right is more full and higher up than the left, I also feel unsure about the size? I would like some opinions on what my next steps should be? My right is noticeably bigger. I do have an appointment with my surgeon soon, I would just like some other expert input before I make a decision. If they are not going to change anymore...i cant deal with them as they are.

To see previous question, please click here. 

Breast implant revision needed for asymmetry?

This is not going to change at this late date.  If you were my patient, I would recommend switching out your right implant for a smaller one.  Perfect symmetry is not expected but I think improved symmetry would be relatively straight forward.  Switching out the implant is usually a procedure without too much down time.  I recommend you discuss this with your surgeon.  He/she surely wants to get the nicest result for you.

Breast Asymmetry

It looks like you might be a candidate for a revision breast surgery to replace the one implant on the smaller breast with a larger one. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Breast asymmetry one year after augmentation.

I think that your surgeon will need to examine you and determine if you have any capsular contracture or seroma causing the asymmety.  It's less obvious and severe in the last photo suggesting that you may have the option to go larger on the left or smaller on the right as you prefer.  Waiting a year allows tissue relaxation and should allow a larger implant on your smaller side if that is your choice.  Good luck and best wishes,

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca 

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Revision necessary?

Thank you for your question and your pictures. Given the obvious size discrepancy on your right side, it does appear that you will need a revision. However, you're right breast is larger than your left breast in your pre-operative photographs. Breast augmentation tends to exaggerate these asymmetries. Because the implants have been placed beneath the muscle, with contraction of the muscle, the implants will tend to be pulled laterally.  If the right side is firmer than the left side, this may be symptomatic of possible capsular contracture.  Your plastic surgeon will be able to discuss with you options to make the right side smaller to better match the left side, this may involve the use of a smaller implant on the right side compared to the left side.  Good luck. 

John L. Clayton, MD, PhD, MPH
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Revision necessary

Unfortunately, to achieve a symmetric result, it appears you will need a revision given the significant size difference in your breast augmentation results at 10 months.  Good luck!