Questions a PS would ask a PS before undergoing a BA?

I am interested to know what question(s) you as a PS would or feel should be asked before having a BA performed. I don't mean questions like "are you Board Certified?, or how many revision have you done on your work this year?", I mean.... What are the big ones that SHOULD be asked but aren't?

Questions a plastic surgeon would ask another re Breast Augmentation

1. Are you board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and how many years have you been practicing (I look for at least 10 years of after training experience).
2. How many breast augmentations do you do each year (I'd be looking for at least 100 each year for top level experience).
3. How many of your patients honestly need revisions each year (I would hope for less than 3), preferably only 1).
4. What is your capsular contarcture rate (nationally it is 8-9% but can be as low as less than 1% in some practices).
5. Do you routinely lower the inframammary crease? (This is being done far too often these days and is in vogue but can create other problems like double bubbles and bottoming out).

Questions to ask

You will want to know if he or she is board certified in plastic surgery.  You will want to see some before and after photos.  The most important questions other than this are about what to expect, what your desires are, and possible complications.  The goal is to find someone qualified and who you trust with your body.  Some of  it will be "gut instinct" - is this person right for you.

Tim Neavin, MD

Qhestions to Ask Your Plastic Surgeon at a Breast Augmentation Consultation

This is always a good question, and I think in addition to the ones you listed, I would also ask:

1)  Is breast augmentation a large part of your practice?  How many procedures do you perform yearly?

2) What is your personal revision rate?

3) Where do you perform your procedure?

4) Who performs the anesthetic and what type of anesthetic do you use?

5) How often do I see you, both before and after the procedures?

Great question and good luck!

Shahram Salemy, MD, FACS

Questions

Additional questions to ask:

What are the chances of needing breast surgery in the future?

What size implants do you recommend and why?

Textured or smooth wall?

Implant company?

Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Risks and Complications

Ensure that you know all of the risks and complications associated with the surgery and you read over the consent forms before the surgery in full. Examples of some can be: nerve damage, stretch marks, scaring, infections, etc... Some surgeons and/or their staff skip over them very quickly without going into much detail which leaves you to not knowing things that may happen to you post-op. Being educated on a body altering procedure is always extremely important.

J. Dayne Petersen, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Questions Which You Must Ask Your Plastic Surgeon

I have complied a list which include the questions I think are most important- feel free to add your own and make sure that you feel comfortable with the surgeon and surgical plan that you choose. Please see the link attached,

All the best

Questions

Well, some of those are big ones....

In the USA:

1. Are you board certified by the American Board of PLASTIC SURGERY. As many people are board in other things that claim board certification. 

2. How many have you done in the last year?

3. Can I look at YOUR before and after pictures

If you have the right credentials, do the operation a lot, and your pictures represent good work...then you should have a good surgeon. 

Good Luck.