Is there anything I can do to correct double bubble with surgery?

Is there anything I can do to correct double bubble with surgery? I'm less than 4 weeks post op.

Correcting A Double Bubble

Yes, the double bubble deformity can be corrected with a surgical procedure. There are two different deformities that carry that name, so without knowing your specific problem, it would not be possible to give you specific information. But you should wait until at least three months after surgery to do the correction.

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after breast augmentation surgery.   A "double bubble" is a cosmetically undesirable circumstance for patients with breast implants, which occurs when the breast fails to take on the shape of the implant, resulting in the appearance of a visible line showing a separation between the bottom edge of the implant and the bottom edge of the natural breast.   Double bubble "deformities" may be more striking (visible) when breast implants have bottomed out.   There are several options when it comes to revisionary surgery to improve your outcome.  One option is to eliminate the pull of the pectorals major muscle either by completely releasing it or by suturing the muscle back down, thereby placing the breast implants  in the sub glandular position.  Patients who choose to have breast implants placed in the sub  glandular position should have enough breast tissue coverage to allow for this conversion. There are disadvantages of placing breast implants in the sub glandular position (such as increased risk of breast implant encapsulation) which should be considered as you make your decisions.
Another maneuver that may be helpful is raising the inframammary fold using capsulorraphy techniques. Sometimes, depending on factors such as quality of skin along the lower breast poles, additional support provided by acellular dermal matrix or biosynthetic mesh may be very helpful. I have also found the use of acellular dermal matrix very helpful in cases where the skin/tissues are very thin and in cases of recurrent breast implant displacement. The acellular dermal matrix helps improve contour, improves irregularities caused by the underlying breast implant and/or scar tissue, and provides additional support ("sling" effect) for the breast implants. I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes.

Thank you for your question.  Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your surgical results.  Generally, allow at least 3 months of healing before getting a better idea of how things look like.  After that, revision surgery can certainly be considered.  Be sure to alert your surgeon of your concerns.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS