Do I need breast revision?

I had 465cc extra high profile silicon under muscle implants placed 3 years ago. I've since had a daughter and breastfed for a year (won't be having anymore kids). I'm wondering if I need some type of revision or if I'm being overly critical? They were so firm and higher before and now they feel quite natural and have lost some volume overall. I don't know maybe the implants need to be adjusted or is this where I can expect them to settle naturally anyways? I've added 1 pic post op and current

Do I need breast revision?

Revision of your results is at your discretion but I would discourage it. You have an exceptionally good result, well positioned implants with appropriate volume. All in all a very nice look on your torso. Surgery has risks and if the benefits are big, it is worth the risk. But if the benefits are small (ie your case where the results are already good) and you still have all the risks, that leaves you with a higher chance of problems from another surgery whether dissatisfaction or healing issues. Not worth it in my opinion. 

Do I need breast revision after extra high profile implants and pregnancy?

Although I am not a fan of high profile or ultra high-profile implants I must say that your current result appears to be very good in my opinion.  Many women note changes in breast volume and skin laxity after pregnancy and consider replacement with a somewhat larger implant. This is an option for you but not one that I necessarily recommend.  I think it is in your best interest to meet with an ABPS board-certified plastic surgeon close to home and discuss your options.  Keep in mind, your results appear to be excellent as long as you are happy with your current size.  Best wishes,

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Do I need breast revision?

Thank you for your pictures and questions. I think that only you can answer your own question as it is a matter of opinion. I see the changes that have taken place with time. However, I think that for 3 years and pregnancy, you have fantastic results that you should be very pleased with. 

If, despite my opinion, you are unhappy with the results and want something changed, then there may be some surgical options for you. You should see your plastic surgeon to discuss possible revision options that will help you achieve your goals.

Do I need breast revision?

As you know, many women experience breast changes after pregnancy and nursing. However, as in your case, the implants often hold their position very well. I would say that you've maintained a very nice shape despite nursing your child. The implants are well positioned in your photos. Some patients will undergo a revision to add a larger volume implant, to try to make up for diminished breast tissue firmness after nursing. As with any elective surgery, one must weigh all of the pros & cons. I would discuss your concerns with your original surgeon. He/she can provide you with the information you need to make an informed decision.

Do I need a Breast Lift

Your pictures appear very nice and natural.  Your results have held up well after having breast fed.  I don't think that you need any additional procedures at this time based on your pictures alone.  If you are unhappy with your size, shape, breast/nipple position, etc you can seek out a board certified plastic surgeon for an opinion on what can be done to improve any problems that you have.  But weigh your decision if you choose to operate carefully as your results appear very nice at this time.  

Andrew Freel, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Do I need breast revision? Need no, want?

Thank you for the question and pictures. Based on your pictures and description, I think that the "need" for revisionary breast surgery is minimal. For example, your breast implants seem  to "sit" in good position and good symmetry is present.

Having said that, if you are displeased with breast size/position, then revisionary breast surgery to increase breast size etc  may be indicated. This type of revisionary breast surgery would not be unusual, after completion of pregnancies.  If you choose to proceed with revisionary breast surgery, careful selection of plastic surgeon and careful communication of goals will be key.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes.