How many areas can liposuction be done at one time?

I am 5'4 and 130 lbs. I would like to have treatments done to my trouble spots, thighs, upper arms and love handles.

Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Fat Transfer/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Liposuction Revision/Tummy Tuck/Body Contouring

I appreciate your question. Multiple areas can be done at the same time assuming you are on overall good health and cleared for elective surgery by your primary care doctor. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon #RealSelf100Surgeon

Tumescent liposuction: how many regions can be treated at once ? #plasticsurgery

Using tumescent liposuction techniques, the abdomen, waist, hips and other zones can be treated in a single session. There are limits on the amount of 'supernatant fat' that can be removed at a single surgical procedure, but based on your stated height and weight, you would not approach that limit (5L of fat, in WA state)

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting -- Alternative is VANQISH, Sculpsure, Coolsculpting

Multiple areas can be done at the same time and fat transfer can be done at the same time.  Best, Dr. Emer.

How many areas can be treated with liposuction?

Some people wish to have one troubled area treated and others wish to have whole body treated.
It is key to fully understand what is involved and select the best doctor for your concerns.
When it comes to liposuction areas, it is important to note the size and the amount of unwanted fat and skin in the area. If there is not too much fat or excess skin, then more areas can be treated. Also, for the safety, only certain amount of fat can be removed and, again, if the areas are small, then the more areas can be treated.
In some situations, areas close together need simultaneous treatment such as upper and lower abdomen (if these areas have too much fat). Remember, it is important to blend in the treated areas to the untreated zones so that there is great blending of the contours.I recommend that you see an experienced doctor for a thorough consultation and assessment prior to proceeding with any treatments.
I hope this helps and best regards, Dr. Sapijaszko.

Mariusz Sapijaszko, MD, FRCPC
Edmonton Dermatologic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. While you can liposuction several areas at once there is a limit to how much fat can be removed safely. Risks from liposuction increase significantly when over 5 liters of fat are suctioned out. We usually stay below this limit for patient safety. We’ve found that we’re able to achieve dramatic improvements for our patients with 2 to 4 liters of liposuction, depending on their needs. Liposuction is a very powerful technique in the right hands, and can have dramatic results in a variety of areas and a in a variety of patients. That said, you definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety.  A key quality indicator is Board Certification by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

The amount of suctioning that can be done at once has more to do with the volume removed versus number of locations.  Based on the information you provided, it is likely that you can have these three areas addressed with one surgery day.  Visit with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to learn more.

Camille Cash, MD