Iv had viginal tighting 3 weeks ago. 5 days ago i finished my period but I'v been geting brownish cream (more brown) stong scent

Could this b infection

Brown is blood. Blood has an unpleasant scent.

Vaginoplasty causes small amounts of blood to collect in the vagina slowly. It appears as brown discharge with an unpleasant scent. It's normal, but an exam is required to make sure that you don't have anything else going on.

Vagina surgery and post op healing

Post-Operative Healing
any drainage and odor should be check by your surgeon

Swelling after #Labiaplasty is usually present for several weeks. . It’s possible that swelling can persist for two or three months Firmness of tissue can remain for 4=6 months.
Postoperative care will usually consist of sitz baths or soaking the area in warm soapy water starting approximately 2 days after a surgery. The sutures will dissolve over the course of several weeks. This will in part depend upon the #Labiaplasty technique used, the amount of brusing and they way in which your body heals.
Ice can help reduce swelling. Arnica and Bromelain may help. Direct massage may be useful

Patients return to most normal activities immediately after surgery with the exception of activities that will create direct pressure on the #vaginalregion such as certain exercise equipment and #sexualactivity. It will be necessary to refrain from these forms of physical activity, including sex, for approximately 4-6 weeks.
Generally, patients are able to walk comfortably within a few days and can return to work within a week.

Post Op Vaginoplasty - Experiencing Brownish Cream discharge with strong scent

Thank you for your question.  A Vaginoplasty is known to cause small amounts of blood to collect in the
vagina over the course of healing. It appears as a brown discharge which can have
an unpleasant scent.  It is quite possible
that you have Bacterial Vaginosis due to the small amount of blood in the
vagina.  Increased pain associated with
discharge could be symptoms of infection. Should this be the case, an
antibiotic will treat these symptoms. I highly suggest you contact your surgeon.  Wishing you the best!

Camille Cash, MD

Post op odor

While it is possible that you could have a post op infection, but usually it would be painful. It is more likely that you have Bacterial Vaginosis due to the small amount of blood in the vagina neutralizing the vaginal pH. This in turn favors the growth of smelly bacteria which are easily treated with an inexpensive, common antibiotic.

Strong scented brownish cream

Brownish discharge is suggestive of old blood which is common after vaginal rejuvenation. The discharge indeed can have a strong odor to it, but this may not necessarily caused by an infection. A key symptom of infection would be worsening pain along with a malodorous discharge. If this is present, you should see your doctor to be evaluated. Antibiotics and/or drainage many be necessary.

Robert L. True, MD
Grapevine OB/GYN

Vaginal Discharge After Vaginal Rejuvenation

While it is possible that your discharge may be associated with an infection of your incision, it sounds more like a normal discharge patients experience during their recovery, or possibly bacterial vaginosis which is quite common and easy to treat. The best thing to do is communicate your concerns to your surgeon. Cheers!

Odor and creamy brown discharge 3 weeks after vaginoplasty

Probably just "old blood," but better safe than sorry: contact your surgeon and get his/her opinion.

Michael P Goodman MD

Post-op Vag D/C and odor

Assuming your "vaginal tightening" was a vaginoplasty (a surgical approach involving sutures) this is common and will resolve spontaneously in 2-3 weeks.  The flora of the vaginal often will shift towards the germs that can result in a slight odor.  The blood from your period has resulted in an increase in those bacteria.  If bothersome or persistent your doctor should evaluate these symptoms and if he / she feels it is needed then antibiotics can be give.  The symptom of odor and D/C WITHOUT pain issues should resolve without therapy.

If you are reporting these symptoms after FemiLift (a CO2 laser that resurfaces the vagina to tighten the vagina) then that simple office based therapy will NOT cause these symptoms and you would want evaluation for bacterial vaginosis.  My experience with FemiLift is that there should be no abnormal vaginal D/C and if one is seen it should be gone in 3-4 days at the most. 

Charles Butrick, MD
Overland Park OB/GYN

Is discharge with an odor normal after Vaginal Rejuvenation or Vaginoplasty?

Dear Bella,

It is normal for there to be vaginal discharge after vaginal surgery for up to 6-8 weeks as the sutures are dissolving.  It can be brownish, yellowish or even greenish (as described by my patients over the years) and does have a strong odor.  Many of my patients have wondered if others could smell them, but no one next to you can smell you even with the discharge.  Just like out throats are constantly being cleared with mucous throughout the day, our vaginas are constantly being cleaned out by the fluids we make. 

You can use a perineal squirt bottle with urinating to help with hygiene, soak in a sitz bath twice a day, and you can use a mild vinegar douche once if it is unbearable, but in general douching is not recommended on a regular basis because it washes away the normal protective, good bacteria that lives there.

This discharge will go away, just be patient.

I hope this information is helpful.

Dr. Troy Hailparn

Troy Hailparn, MD
San Antonio OB/GYN