Do I need lift? (photos)

After 3 kids my breast aren't as full as they once were. I'm a 36D currently and would love to have fuller breast but am not ready to do a lift (with all those scars). When I put a pencil at the fold my nipple is still above the crease. Over all I like the shape of my breast.

Lift vs implant

If you want your breast fuller and are happy with the shape of them, then an implant will be fine. Keep in mind an implant will only "fill our breast up" it will not "lift them up". They will look just like they do now, they are just bigger and fuller with an implant only. If you feel this will meet your goals, then an augmentation should be fine. If you are unhappy with the position of your breast and feel they are too low, then an implant will likely not satisfy you and you will want to consider the lift. A lift will "lift them up" and put them in a higher position, change the size of the areola and "lift" them off of your chest. Often times both of these procedures are combined to achieve an optimal result. By lifting them and adding volume, the breast will not only sit higher on your chest but will also have the nice fullness from the implant.

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photos.  You do appear to be a borderline case for a breast lift.  What you lack is upper pole fullness which can be improved with an augmentation alone.  However, you must understand and be willing to accept that a breast augmentation alone WILL NOT lift your breasts.  By adding more volume to your breasts, it is also a possibility that they will sag further, eventually warranting a lift in the future.All the best,Dr. ResultsMiami, FL

You need a lift

You need to bring your nipples up on your chest and center it on your breast mounds; I would recommend a simultaneous breast lift with implant augmentation.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Implant alone

Based solely on your photos, you look as if you could get away with an implant alone if you are wanting more fullness. Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to discuss. 
My best,
Dr. Sheila Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Do I need a lift?

Hi
Thank you for your question and posting photos.
It appears you may be a good candidate for the Ultimate Breast Lift method that doesn't require implants and that does not require the very visible vertical incision. However, it would help to see your arms and clavicles to make certain. I've attached a short video of what is possible with the UBL method.

Hope this helps.
Gary Horndeski M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

You can do whatever you like!

Can you do just an implant? -- yes.  Will it look as good as it could? -- no.  But no one is going to force you to do a lift.  If you want to be bigger/fuller, you need an implant.  Do that and see how it goes.  You can always add a lift later.  Good luck!

Robert S. Houser, DO
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Do I need lift?

Thank you for your question.  It is difficult to determine whether a lift is required based on your photos alone.  An examination is really necessary to make such a determination.  You would likely achieve a better overall cosmetic result with at least a circumareolar lift if your chose round implants.  It is possible that anatomically shaped implants would provide more of a lift to the nipples but it still may not be sufficient.  A lift can always be performed following the augmentation if you are not happy with the results.  Consult with one or more board certified plastic surgeons to discuss your options.  Best wishes!

Implant and lift?

You  might be able to have a circumareola lift which is just an incision around the border of the areola if you need a bit of a lift with the implants. Hard to say without an exam.

Breast lift and implant?

You look like you are borderline needing a lift. You could probably get by with a dual plane augmentation  with a nice result without the lift scar and added cost. However, if you add a lift this would give you a perkier look. Depends on your goal Good luck.

Breast augmentation and a lift - or not?

Your situation is quite common - and what is frustrating for patients is that even very good, experienced surgeons can have different opinions. There is a spectrum among patients - and it is very clear that some patients definitely only need an augmentation, whereas at the other end of the spectrum are patients who obviously need an implant and a lift. What is difficult and requires great judgment is determining what is best for patients such as yourself who fall in the gray zone of the spectrum. Although nipple position is very useful, it is not the only determinant - some patients have ptosis of the gland and yet have nipples above the fold - these patients require a lift irrespective of the nipple position to give their lower pole contour a pleasing shape. Whereas I suspect in your case your left nipple in particular may end up a bit lower than you would consider optimal, it really is not possible to tell until you undergo the operation. Whether or not a shaped implant is used, you probably should undergo the operation and see if you like the outcome. As you are likely aware, there are many women with beautiful breasts who are nevertheless a little droopy and low-hanging - and yet look completely natural. Since you would like to avoid a scar if possible, why not first see if an acceptable result is possible? Good luck!

Robert Galiano, MD