Upper bleph and lower face neck lift, my eyes are different shapes and very swollen is this normal? (photos)

Hello I'm day 6 post op , my face is very swollen , but my eyes are different shapes and very swollen is this normal

Asymmetric swelling

Yes even the swelling between both sides is asymmetric at times. Give it more time to settle down. 

Regards

Dr. J

Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Upper bleph and lower face neck lift, my eyes are different shapes and very swollen is this normal?

Thank you for your question. After 6 days of surgery, swelling will still be present, since its very early on your healing process. This will eventually go down as weeks go by. Keep in contact with your surgeon.

Franco R. Jacome, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

It is entirely normal to still be swollen from surgery at 6 days.

If is even normal to still be swollen from surgery at 6 weeks.  You need time to heal.  Try to be patient and follow the instructions of your surgeon.

Swelling after face and eye lift...

Swelling is still very normal at this stage.  You should be in close communication with your surgeon, especially at this stage.  He or she should be offering some reassurance after an examination as well.  As a rule, 80% of swelling is gone in 2 weeks, and 90% of swelling is generally gone by 2 months. So, do not evaluate the results of your surgery too soon. You should continue to show subtle refinement for a significant period of time.  Happy healing!

Parker A. Velargo, MD
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon