Do I need an uplift or can I get away with just implants? (Photo)

I have small tubular breast that have sagged even more so since having children. I am looking at correcting this through surgery to get a fuller more rounded look but would like to no if i would need a lift to achieve this.

Implants without a lift?

You definitely need a breast lift.  Anything less than that will give you a ball in a sock result which you will regret unless your only desire is for more volume.  

Providence Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift

Hello and thank you for your question!  Based on the photograph you have submitted, placing an implant alone will NOT lift your breasts. Your nipple position will still be low and the breasts will still have some ptosis (drooping). A breast lift will certainly lift your breasts to a desirable position. However, as you may know, a breast lift will require more incisions and thus resulting in more scarring.  It is often times challenging inserting a larger implant during a breast lift surgery because of the risks associated with this. Such risks include: a lot of pressure on the incisions with a larger implant can cause poor wound healing, premature sagging. Often times when the procedures are separated into two step procedures, a patient is able to have larger implants. Step one would be to have the Mastopexy (Breast Lift) surgery alone. Step two would be to have the Breast Implant surgery. I would suggest seeing a board certified plastic surgeon in your area for a thorough examination and evaluation.  Best of luck to you!

Jon Paul Trevisani, MD, FACS
Maitland Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

Thank you for your question and photo.  It appears that you do not have tuberous breasts.  You breasts are ptotic (saggy) and a full breast lift with implants would be the best way for you to improve the appearance of your breasts.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Lift

I would at least a periareolar lift to reduce the size of your areola and lift the nipples.  Otherwise your areola will stretch with the implant and they will remain in the lower pole of the breast. 

Do I need an uplift or can I get away with just implants

think some type of lift will be required. If not, the nipples will appear too low and the new breast mound will be exactly where it is now

Julio Garcia, MD

A couple of things to consider...

1. Not sure I would classify your breasts as "tubular".  If they are indeed tuberous breasts, your surgical planning may change as that is a form of restricted breast that typically consists of mastopexy-augmentation with inferior pole scoring to help that area stretch and accommodate a rounder, less retrictive shape.

2. In any event, I am fairly certain that you would need a lift to get a beautiful result.  Again, this would require an examination to see where your fold is and the quality of your breast tissue.

3. If you want a size increase, a small implant may be perfect for you.  Implants come in different shapes and sizes and make sure you speak to a board certified plastic surgeon that is proficient in all of the implants as every woman has an implant that would be best for them and their goals.

Hope this helps!
-JGH  

Lift or not

After looking at your photo I would recommend a lift and a small implant.If you want to be big and are a smoker I would do it in 2 stages ie first the lift then the aug.Another consideration is to use your own fat to augment your breasts.good option.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Do I need an uplift or can I get away with just implants?

Hi,
Thank you for your question and photo.
Please know that implants cannot and will not lift breasts. They simply create the illusion of the nipple being lifted but in very specific small breast cases. You do not fall in this category. You will need a strong lift. However, if you are happy with your current size, implants are not required to give you upper pole fullness if you undergo The Ultimate Breast Lift method. The UBL method achieves maximum lift, with minimal scarring and long term results. The outer layer of skin is not the only structure keeping your breasts in place like other methods. Your chest muscles become an active component to give the lift much needed strength. The vertical incision has also been completely eliminated. Results are natural and are not subject to the risk and complications associated with breast implants.
Hope this helps.
Best wishes and kind regards, 

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well... The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift with augmentation such as silicone implants, hugs!!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Tuberous breasts generally require lift and implants

Based on your pictures, you don't have the classic findings of tuberous breast deformity (high, constructed inframamary fold, pseudoherniation of the nipple-areolar complex, narrow breast base, ptosis). You do have ptosis (droop) and asymmetry that would benefit from mastopexy (lift) and breast implants. I would favor silicone for you, based on asymmetry and thin tissues. 
Good luck. Excellent question. 

Steven Goldman, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon