Do I have tuberous breast deformity? (Photos)

I have small breasts that seem to have little fullness or shape. My breasts haven't really changed since I was aged 13, I am slim build and am 5 foot 2 and 7 and a half stone. I don't expect to have large breasts for my frame but other members of my family have much larger fuller breasts. I dont like the shape of my breast and want to determine if I had tuberous breasts or they are just small in size. Thank you for reading my question.

Tuberous breasts?

Sarah,

You do not have tuberous breasts and therefore your breast augmentation will be less complicated. You will want to choose a board certified plastic surgeon who recognizes your asymmetries and plans your operation accordingly.

Tuberous Breast

I see young women that come to the office, and the two breasts are very asymmetric. One breast is lower than the other. There may be differences in size. Or there are certain conditions such as #tuberous breast deformity, where the breast has a more unusual shape. It may be very narrow at the base on the chest. The whole breast can be very narrow. There are different variations but basically, this is a growth and development problem that creates a great deal of angst for a young woman.

If you have significant asymmetry and tuberous breast I will still perform the #breastlift and i#breastmplant in one stage. I have about a 15% need for revision or secondary surgery but that is a better option then subjecting 100% of my patients to two stages as some surgeons prefer.

Tuberous breast

Hi SaraSimba, thanks for posting.   You do not have tuberous breasts!  From your photos it appears tht you would be an excellent candidate for breast augmentation.   Even if you have to travel a little bit, be sure to use a BCPS in a certified operating room with a doctor anesthesiologist.  Please see attached web reference.  Thank you and good luck!

Breast augmentation candidate, some advices:

Thanks for the question.

I recommend a Breast Augmentation using microtexturized highly cohesive silicone implants ("Gummy Bear Implants"), with high projection and volumes betwen 350 400ml., placing them under the muscle, to get a natural look and long term best results.

Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Small breasts or tuberous breast deformity

Thank you for your question and for attaching excellent photos. You do not have a tuberous breast deformity. You have small, normal shaped breasts that match your small frame. If you are interested in being larger, you should visit a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who can discuss your options.

Do I have tuberous breast?

Thanks for your inquiry and excellent pictures. You do not have tuberous breasts.  Please seek the opinion of a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options.  Good Luck. 

Breast Augmentation Options

Your breasts appear to be a small, normal shape. If you are interested in breast implants it appears you would be a great candidate for Breast Augmentation surgery. I recommend that you book a consultation with a board certified Plastic Surgeon who specializes in this area.

All the best 

Tuberous breast

It does not appear from your pictures that you have tuberous breasts. You have small breasts, but you are also a small woman. If you desire larger breasts you appear to be an excellent candidate for a breast augmentation.

Do I have tuberous breast?

From you pictures and different angles, you do not have tuberous breast.  You have small breast that if you wanted to augment and make fuller I would say you are a good candidate for a breast augmentation.  If you do decide to have an augmentation remember to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. 

N. Bill Aydin, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photographs.

You do not show signs of tuberous breasts, they are simply small in size. You do look like a good candidate for a breast augmentation to increase the size and volume of your breasts. I would recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon so they can perform a physical examination and take measurements so they can recommend the best implant type/sizes for your body. There are 3D simulators that can show you what you would look like with different types of implants and different sizes, this can be helpful when trying to decide what size would achieve your cosmetic goals. At my office, I use high profile Sientra implants to create a round full result that looks natural, giving you the result that you want. Additionally, i use Crisalix which is a virtual reality device that will allow you to view different sizes of implants and pick which best suits your desires.  As the only board certified plastic surgeon in Pittsburgh offering this virtual reality imaging system, we have a 100% satisfaction rate.  Crisalix is truly a unique experience for our patients as they can view themselves using virtual reality goggles and can instantly visualize their own breasts changing in size and shape with all of the various brands, sizes and shapes of breast implants.  Thus, our patients leave the consultation feeling confident with the size of the implant they chose. 
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon