I had a facelift 4 weeks ago but I still got double chin and loose skin under chin? (Photo)

Will my neck and get smaller

Facelift results

It is really too soon to judge your final results at 4 weeks post op. I know it's frustrating, but for now, be patient. Also, keep in mind that everyone, including 20 year old supermodels, has a double chin when their face is angled down. 

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Neck position

neck position is everything in this case. Even supermodels have two chins when they look down.

In order to assess, it would help to see standardised pictures with your head and neck in exactly the same position before and after. 

I suspect that we have a combination of head down and early swelling. 

Hope that helps. 

Adam Goodwin

I had a facelift 4 weeks ago but I still got double chin and loose skin under chin?

Hello and thank you for your question!

The best option you have is to send us photos prior to the surgery and after the surgery so we can asses and evaluate the technique that your surgeon used and what happened. Sometimes it is best to have a bit of excess skin in some regions that have had a lift, sometimes they have resulted in being too tight and looks unnatural or uneven. 

Please visit a board certified plastic surgeon for further advice and the best, safest results.

Good luck!

Enriquillo Clime Rivera, MD

Hello stc1,

At one month you are still swollen.  It would be expected that you would continue to improve.  There are also limitations to what can be accomplished with any lifting procedure, so seeing before photos would also be helpful.  I would discuss your concerns with your surgeon so he or she can evaluate you and better address your concerns.

I hope this helps and good luck.

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post-operative Facelift

It is too early to see a final result and you are still swollen.  Try to be patient and discuss your concerns with your surgeon. Take care!

Timothy A. Janiga MD, FACS

Post facelift

You are still in the recovery period after your facelift. I would give it more time as the swelling should improve. If it doesn't there is a product called Kybella that could help.

Loose skin and "double chin"

You don't describe the type of facelift you had.  For example a "mini-lift" would not address those issues and would have been explained in the preoperative discussions.  In the photo provided you also have your neck flexed accentuating the tissue between the tip of the chin and the neck structures.  This would cause a perception of a "double chin" in even the youngest of patients.  Continue your followup allow your swelling to resolve before being concerned about the result.  Best of luck

Facelift at 4 weeks

Everyone who pulls down their chin in that position will look like they had a double chin.  At 4 weeks, you are also still swollen. 

Problems after facelift

Considering you are only 4 weeks out from your facelift, you will still have some swelling, especially under your chin, that will make that area look too full. I don't see any obvious excess skin in that area, so be patient and let the swelling resolve. Discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

Andrew Campbell, M.D.

Facial Rejuvenation Specialist

Quintessa Aesthetic Centers

Andrew Campbell, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fullness after facelift

It is hard to decipher what your neck and jawline look like before the surgery. After facelift surgery the intention is to have a tighter jawline and less fullness to the neck.  The idea with facelift surgery is that there be less fullness in the neck and less jowling by tightening the mid face.  At one month, it is difficult to discern what your final results will be.  I hope this helps.

Roberto E. Garcia, MD, FACS
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon