I had Botox around my eyes two weeks ago. When I smile, this is what it looks like (Photo)
Doctor Answers 9
Lower lid lines
Botox Around Eyes, Now With More Wrinkles Around Eyes
More lower lid and cheek wrinkles after Botox
Thanks for sharing your photo! While there is not enough information revealed here and a in-person exam is required, I can share some experience regarding your concerns.
Botox is a injectable muscle relaxer. When injected in the lateral to inferior crow's feet, it will relax the circular muscle around the eye and maybe reduce minor crow's feet lines BUT it also allows the cheek muscles to work more unopposed and when you smile will accentuate the static lines, wrinkles and folds of the lower eyelid and infero-lateral crow's feet.
Options to counter this effect include:
- seek consultation from a Board Certified, well experienced and artsy Plastic Surgeon or ENT Facial Surgeon with great injectables skill.
- consider a smoothening hyaluronic acid (HA) filler such as Silk in the dermal lines (conservatively)
- consider a deeper HA filler in the sub-orbicularis, deep cheek fat compartments and under the cheek muscles to "fill-out" the crease lines and folds.
- prepare your skin with ZO Obagi Skin Health regimen and proceed to tightening chemical peels
- consider firming your skin with Sculptra
- Wait for 3 months until Botox wears off.
All of these techniques take advanced training and understanding by the consultant and injectors.
I hope I have helped. All the best!
You might also like...
Had Botox around my eyes two weeks ago. When I smile, this is what it looks like
Botox around eyes
I had Botox around my eyes two weeks ago. When I smile, this is what it looks like
Botox and smiling
You are not being specific with your question about Botox. I suppose that the question is why you still have wrinkles when you smile on your lower eyelids? When you smile the muscles of your face will move the tissue up around your lower eyelids. With the amount of sun damage that you have the excess skin will accumulate around the lower eyelid area. This was not caused by the Botox. I hope that I am guessing correctly the question.
Hope this helps,
Dr. Gus Diaz
Botox around the eyes
It would be best to post a before and after for your Botox to see what effect it had on your natural eye shape. It appears that the product may have been placed below the eye. Please return to your treating physician for evaluation.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.