I had Botox around my eyes two weeks ago. When I smile, this is what it looks like (Photo)

I had Botox around my eyes two weeks ago when I smile this is what it looks like

Lower lid lines

Thank you for your question and sharing your photos. It is not entirely clear exactly what the treatment pattern was, however I do see some additional lines in the lower aspect of your lids. In general, these are best treated surgically, however you can soften some of these with a combination of fillers as well as Dysport or Botox. I would visit an experienced plastic surgeon or dermatologist to discuss your options with you. 

Botox Around Eyes, Now With More Wrinkles Around Eyes

this is a common thing that happens to patients who need lasers or radiofrequency treatments for crepe/wrinkly skin around the eyes.  Botox only works for movement lines, but if you have other wrinkles it can often worsen them.  This will improve over time as the botox wears off , but I suggest laser treatments or a co2 resurfacing to improve the deeper/crepe wrinkles you have.  Please see a well trained cosmetic dermatologist who specializes in lasers.  Best, Dr. Emer.

More lower lid and cheek wrinkles after Botox

Dear anique333:

Thanks for sharing your photo! While there is not enough information revealed here and a in-person exam is required, I can share some experience regarding your concerns.

Botox is a injectable muscle relaxer. When injected in the lateral to inferior crow's feet, it will relax the circular muscle around the eye and maybe reduce minor crow's feet lines BUT it also allows the cheek muscles to work more unopposed and when you smile will accentuate the static lines, wrinkles and folds of the lower eyelid and infero-lateral crow's feet.

Options to counter this effect include:
  1. seek consultation from a Board Certified, well experienced and artsy Plastic Surgeon or ENT Facial Surgeon with great injectables skill.
  2. consider a smoothening hyaluronic acid (HA) filler such as Silk in the dermal lines (conservatively)
  3. consider a deeper HA filler in the sub-orbicularis, deep cheek fat compartments and under the cheek muscles to "fill-out" the crease lines and folds. 
  4. prepare your skin with ZO Obagi Skin Health regimen and proceed to tightening chemical peels
  5. consider firming your skin with Sculptra
  6. Wait for 3 months until Botox wears off. 

All of these techniques take advanced training and understanding by the consultant and injectors. 

I hope I have helped. All the best!

Dean P. Kane, MD, FACS

Had Botox around my eyes two weeks ago. When I smile, this is what it looks like

Thank you for your question.   Need more information to help answer question. Specifically, where the Botox was injected.  Consult with a Board Certified injector. Best Wishes.

Botox around eyes

It is difficult to comment without seeing animation before and after the product or at least animation with the product. The good thing is that it wears off in 4-6 months.

Botox Treatment

The photo doesn't give enough information to provide commentary.  More information and perhaps a pretreatment photo would be useful

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

I had Botox around my eyes two weeks ago. When I smile, this is what it looks like

Very hard to determine if you were under treated. Best to seek in person second opinions from boarded injecting doctors... 

Botox and smiling

Hi Anique333,

You are not being specific with your question about Botox.  I suppose that the question is why you still have wrinkles when you smile on your lower eyelids? When you smile the muscles of your face will move the tissue up around your lower eyelids. With the amount of sun damage that you have the excess skin will accumulate around the lower eyelid area. This was not caused by the Botox. I hope that I am guessing correctly the question.

Hope this helps,
Dr. Gus Diaz

Gustavo A. Diaz, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox around the eyes

It would be best to post a before and after for your Botox to see what effect it had on your natural eye shape.  It appears that the product may have been placed below the eye.  Please return to your treating physician for evaluation.