Clitoris too exposed after labiaplasty? (photo)

I had a labiaplasty and hood reduction performed about a year ago abroad in Poland and it is now healed but my clitoris is completely exposed and sticking out. It is very painful and rubs on my clothes. I have spoken to a few labiaplasty surgeons in the UK but they have told me they are unable to help as they do not work with labiaplasty reconstruction. I would really like to know if there are any surgeons in the UK that would be able to help me

SO sorry to hear about this

You have clitoral exposure with exposed clitoral frenulum from amputations. This is more common than you would think and happens everywhere: US, UK and Poland as well. What you need done is a wedge conversion, where the clitoral frenulae (the two bumps next to the clitoris) are closed back down to the labia minora edge. You then most likely need a V-to-Y advancement of the clitoral hood to cover the exposed clitoris. If there is a shortage of good labiaplasty surgeons in the world, there is a severe shortage of good reconstructive vulvovaginal surgeons in the world. Be super selective and understand the game plan as best as you can.

Clitoris too exposed after labiaplasty?

I am so sorry to hear that this happened to you. Labiaplasty is a surgery that should not be taken lightly as over aggressive resection can lead to discomfort. You need to do your homework and make sure that you go to an expert for your revision.

OVEREXPOSED CLITORIS

I totally agree with Dr Alters I doubt you will find anyone in Europe who will be able to reconstruct and add coverage to your clitoris.  I would highly encourage you to consider coming abroad for vulvar reconstruction.  
John R Miklos MD
Urogynecology & Cosmetic Vaginal Surgery
Atlanta ~ Beverly Hills ~ Dubai

Clitoris too exposed

As the inventor and innovator of the wedge technique in 1994, I reconstruct many women who have had labia reductions by other surgeons, both wedge and trimming techniques. Your clitoris can be covered but I doubt you will find anyone in Europe to do it.  You can also benefit by reconstructing your labia minora. The reconstruction is more difficult than a primary labiaplasty and should be done by a plastic surgeon with extensive experience in labia reconstruction. I published the first and most extensive paper on labia reconstruction in the prestigious journal "Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery" about three years ago. You may need various reconstructive techniques to give you a good appearance. You only get one good chance to reconstruct you, so be patient and ask a lot of questions.Gary J. AlterBeverly Hills, CA - Manhattan, NY

Gary J. Alter, MD

Clitoris too exposed after labiaplasty?

Thank you for your question and photograph and I am sorry to hear about your current disappointment with your results.  I am attaching a link below to the American Society of Plastic Surgeon's website that allows you to search for qualified surgeons in your area that you can call and inquire as to their labiaplasty familiarity and knowledge. If this proves unsuccessful consider flying abroad for a specialist to appropriately address and correct your current exposure issue. Best wishes.