1.6 years post op breast implant explant, tender burning breast.

I had an explant due to left breast pain, my implants were saline over the muscle and no caplse or scar tissue, but i still felt i should remove them, I had them for five years, almost two years later my left breast still hurts, I have burning and pain in one spot, and complete numbness in another area. also I've noticed swelling so stared wearing the compression bra to sleep, I had an ultrasound come back normal. the surgeon who did the explant is out of buisness don't know what to do next

I recommend that you meet with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and have your old records transferred to that Physician.    An evaluation and further testing may be necessary to uncover the source of your pain.

Breast pain

I'm sorry that you are experiencing these issues.  You need to contact a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who can take over your care.  Have your records transferred to the new physician.  An evaluation and further testing may be necessary to uncover the source of your pain.

Camille Cash, MD

1.6 years post op implant removal

Thank you for your question .  I recommend that you meet with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and have your old records transferred to that Physician. He or she will discuss your options and go from there.  Good luck!

Chad Robbins, MD

Breast pain

Thanks for your question.

Sorry you are experiencing pain so far after your explant.  It sounds like you have a neuroma.  A neuroma is described as a pinched nerve or where benign (non cancerous) tissue or scar grows in or around the nerve causing it to fire giving the burning, tearing, pulling sensations you described.  The numbness may be the distal portion of the nerve which was injured or cut.  I have found that injecting a steroid near the site of the neuroma ( if possible) relieves the pain you are experiencing.  Call several Board Certified Plastic Surgeons in your area and find one who is willing to evaluate your pain.  I am sure there are several ways to treat this condition.  The injection is my personal favorite.

Best of luck.

Dr. T

Douglas Taranow, DO, FACOS