I'm wanting to get a revision because of the dented effect and scarring from my previous surgery and need some advice.

Hi, I went to Thailand around 4 years ago and had a breast lift and implants with 255cc in one, 200cc in other. Immediately I noticed a rippling feeling of the implants soon after the surgery and when the scarring was healing I noticed it wasn't perfectly stitched and some of the incision had cut into my nipple leaving aJaggered look. I also noticed when I lay on my side there is a dented effect. I have received some advice that smaller implants and teardrop would fix the rippling effect?

Revision of Previous Surgery?

Without at least some photographs it is impossible to give you much useful advice,and this sounds like a reasonably complicate problem. In general rippling problems can be improved with a new generation highly cohesive silicone gel implant such as a shaped or teardrop implant. It has been my experience that the bad outcomes from surgery done in Thailand are some of the worst problems I have seen. Unfortunately the repair will likely now be far more expensive then if you had had the surgery done by an experienced and respected surgeon in the U.S.

Fixing Breast Implant Rippling &Wrinkling

If you are very thin or lean, any type of #implant can display some #wrinkling.  However, #positioning under the muscle may help.  Silicone implants do better than saline in this case. Also, adding a mesh (i.e. #ADM or similar) can help. Smaller implants, skin #tightening and #capsulectomy may also treat  #rippling or #wrinkling. Be sure to select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with breast #augmentation and the incision type, #implant placement, and implant type. Plastic surgeons who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgery are suitable to perform your breast augmentation. Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Options for revision surgery for implant rippling

Rippling is often related to thin coverage, so correction often involves adding something to form an internal bra. That is often a material called Strattice. Form-stable implants such as Allergan style 410, or a high fill ratio implant such as Sientra may also help because the implants don't ripple as much.

Richard Baxter, MD

I'm wanting to get a revision

Without good photos and more information we cannot give you any advice. See a local surgeon experienced in this surgery for an examination and answers. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Revision

Seek a breast revision specialist in your area to determine the best approach to repair your breast issues. Certainly photographs would also be very helpful. 

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS

Revisionary surgery to treat implant rippling...

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after breast surgery. Although I cannot provide you with specific advice, some general thoughts may be helpful to you. You may also find the attached link, dedicated to revisionary breast surgery concerns, helpful to you as you learn more. Palpability and rippling of breast implants may be related to several factors. These include the amount of soft tissue and breast tissue coverage over the breast implants, the position of the breast implants (submuscular versus sub glandular), the type of implants (saline versus silicone), and the degree of overfilling of saline filled implants. Generally, weight loss will extension weight any rippling/palpability of the implants. Deflation of the implants will also increase the rippling/palpability of the implants. Correction of the rippling may involve further surgery including implant pocket exchange if possible (sub glandular to submuscular), implant exchange if possible (saline to silicone), and/or the use of allograft to provide an additional layer of tissue between the implant and the patient's skin.   In-person consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients with this type of revisionary breast surgery will be your next best step. You may find the attached link, dedicated specifically to revisionary breast surgery  to treat breast implant rippling/palpability, helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes. Best wishes.