Unsightly scar on bottom after graft used for septoplasty and rhinoplasty. (photos)

5 days ago had surgery for nose. Skin Graft on bottom is unsightly, painful (to sit) already a keloid scar and doesn't look properly sutured. Should I have revision surgery on this scar now? Surgeon was very expensive and felt I should have received better duty of care. He hasn't responded to my emails regarding scar concern. The scar is around 10cm long any suggestions?

Rhinoplasty scar

I think it may be helpful if you could explain your procedure a bit more. It's unclear to me why you may have had a graft from your, what looks to be, your leg/thigh (?).  I do recommend that you follow up with your surgeon and ask questions about your concerns.

Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post Rhinoplasty Concerns

Dear Rebecca, I am not sure why you would have a skin graft for your septorhinoplasty? I also do agree that the incision on the graft site could be aligned and closed better. See your surgeon and discuss your concerns.  Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D. 

Michael Elam, MD

Scar

Thank you for the photo and question but an examination and more information is needed so see some other experts in the area

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Where is that scar?

Sorry, but I can't tell what part of your body that scar is on. And why was there a skin graft? See the "Web reference" link, below my post, for info on sending better photos.

Steven M. Denenberg, MD
Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon