Uneven swelling or botched rhinoplasty? (photos)

I went to Thailand in June and had rhinoplasty. The agreed upon goal was to remove the hump and give my nose a more angular tip. After surgery however there was very clear aysymmetry between the shape, length and width of my nose. On the left side of my nose the nostril is larger, the length is shorter and the width is smaller. I understand there will be a certain degree of swelling after surgery that can cause asymmetry but to me it looks as if there is cartilage missing. Please help...

Uneven swelling or botched #rhinoplasty?

You will likely hear that you are VERY early in the healing process. It is possible that this will improve as you heal. It is also possible that massage of the left nostril could help reposition the nostril margin this early in the healing process. However, you will need to contact your surgeon for their specific advice. With that said, there is a reasonable chance that you will require a revision of the left nostril and tip to achieve the results and symmetry that you were seeking. I would not consider this, however, for at least 6-12 months post surgery. Best.Stephen Weber MD, FACSLone Tree Facial Plastic Surgeon

1 month post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Uneven rhinoplasty

There are many changes that will take place over the next few months as swelling continues to subside.  I cannot be optimistic that you will be any happier as time progresses. Rhinoplasty is undoubtedly the most challenging of all the cosmetic procedures done by plastic surgeons.  Patient expectations have increased and acceptance of imperfections is becoming less tolerated as I have witnessed in over thirty years of practice.  I suggest you follow up here with a board certified plastic or facial plastic surgeon who is adept at these problems.  Names can be obtained from the Rhinoplasty Society website for surgeons in your area