Did I get ripped off with one mil and how many lip fillers to get my swollen lips? (Photos)

I need help. I got a discount coupon on lips. I got one mil. My lips prior were really full on the bottom and we're thin but not overly thin. Did I get ripped off. It was juvaderm but I wanted my lips to look full when they were swollen:-(

Lip Swelling/Bumps After Fillers Such as Juvederm or Restylane -- Reverse With Hyaluronidase

I suggest speaking to your physician about the swelling and what your end goals are.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Did I get ripped off with one mil and how many lip fillers to get my swollen lips?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  Though I think you received a nice lip augmentation with the 1ml I can also understand how frustrating it is when your results do not meet your expectations. You appear to have nice wide lips which typically require more filler to achieve a meaningful increase in volume/size than narrow lips.  If you enjoyed the results immediately after treatment during the period of maximum swelling you can reproduce this with additional filler placement.  Talk to your injector and voice your concerns, they can still help you attain your goals. 

Lip Augmentation

Hi katya and thanks for your question. I don't think you got ripped off - your result looks quite good from the pictures. It's easy to get used to how the lips look right after the injections, but the swelling does fade. I would say that your result now is natural and full.I would not recommend putting more filler in your lips. Hope that helps.

Many practices offer coupons and rebate programs e.g. through brilliant distinctions. The volume to be injected depends on many factors. Too much augmentation may lead to a look that is not natural. Most patients will need about 1cc. Based on before picture the lower lip is quite full and it seems augmentation of the upper lip alone would be more balanced. You can always follow up with your provider and discuss your expectations and results.

Georgios Ziakas, MD, FACS
Katy General Surgeon