Can a new vertical wrinkle which formed through my eyebrow after Botox for crows feet be safely treated with more Botox? (Photo)

Three weeks ago I had Botox for the first time - just 7 units in each side for crow's feet. I have now developed a new vertical wrinkle (most likely because my muscles cannot move in my crow's feet area) on my right eyebrow - starting below the eyebrow and finishing above. It appears when I smile broadly. Is it safe for this to be treated with more Botox? I have returned to see the person who originally performed the injections, and we decided to wait a week or two to see if it resolves.

Brow wrinkle after crows feet Botox

It can be safely treated by placing some Botox in the brow in this area. It is lateral enough to be safe. I wouldn't place in frontalis muscle.

Botox and Wrinkle

It appears from the photo that you would benefit from a tiny amount of Botox in that area. You should also look into Restylane and lasers such as eMatrix.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Crows Feet - Lasers, Botox, Fillers, microneedling/PRP

Lasers , botox, microneedling can all help.  Please see an expert for a formal evaluation. Best, Dr. Emer.

New wrinkle after Botox

Since the orbicularis muscle goes completely around to the inner brow, you need a little more Botox right under the new wrinkle just below the brow, not up high in the frontalis muscle. You can go now, waiting one to two weeks more won't help.

Peter T. Truong, MD
Fresno Oculoplastic Surgeon

Wrinkle reduction with Botox

The Botox has taken full effect after 3 weeks. Typically, you will have full result after 7-10 days. You made need a small amount to just above your eyebrow in the Frontalis muscle to relax it. Visit your injector or Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to consult. 

Good luck to you, be well. 

#browlift   #wrinkles   #botox