Is 6 months post surgery too late to use a compression strap? (photos)

I got a breast augmentation over 6 months ago. The surgeon obviously didn't hear when I said "natural" and "subtle". I got 350cc and they are much bigger then what I wanted. He kept saying to wait & see but now over 6 months after I am still not happy with how big & fake they look. They stick out a lot and don't drop/sit like normal breasts do. If I was to wear a conpression strap would it make any difference now or is it too late?

Straps will not help

It sounds like it is mostly size that is the issue for you....if so then the right thing to do is exchange them for smaller implants.  Using straps six months out from surgery will not help.  If you go smaller it will look more natural.  Speak to your surgeon about this.  Show him photos of what you want.  Otherwise from the photos you are showing I would say that they do look good.

Compression straps will not help you

achieve your stated goals.  Your results look fabulous but apparently just don't match with what you desired.  You are near normal in that the upper poles are almost flat (minimal convexity).  If your breast size matches your body size, you have a result that many others would die for.  But if your size is excessive in your opinion, your only option is to downsize.  If you chose the size, then don't be surprised if you're asked to pay for another procedure.  If your surgeon chose the size to match a documented result (but I can't think of any surgeon that would do this), then your surgeon bears some responsbility to help you get what you want.

Curtis Wong, MD

Compression strap after 6 months

I don't think a compression band will do anything at this point, especially if your main concern is that your breasts are larger than you wanted.  At this point, if you want to be smaller, you would have to have the implants replaced with smaller ones.  Shaped implants would be a good option for a more natural look.

David S. Chang, MD

Use of breast strap

Dear dezfay321

Using a breast strap can be beneficial in accelerAting the expansion of the inferior pole of the breast in the early post op period. In your case, you seem to want overall smaller breast that sit more like natural breasts. This would generally require downsizing your current implants and possibly changing implant shape. A strap is unlikely to resolve your concerns. 

Afshin Parhiscar, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants too unnatural

Hi Dezray,

Thanks for your question and photos.I am sorry that your outcome is not what you expected. Sometimes the implants settle more over time. Their position is what it is, but over time the implants usually drop even when we as surgeons do not want them too. More than likely I would have put a shaped implant to give the natural look that you desire. Discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeons. They can give you a more cost effective approach to getting your desired outcome. Good Luck! 

Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS
@shapedImplants @breastaugmentation @docmata #drcarlosmata

Too Big After Breast Augmentation

Straps do nothing.  You'll simply need a revision surgery with smaller implants. This will help with not only size but shape. 

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Will I get a more natural look?

Hello and thank you for your recent photos and question!  At this point wearing a compression garment or strap will not be beneficial this far out from surgery.  I'm sorry you are not happy with your current size however this can be corrected with a simple surgery of downsizing the implants. Best of luck!

Is 6 months post surgery too late to use a compression strap?

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after breast augmentation surgery; at this point, I do not think that they "compression strap" will help.  Discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon; it sounds like you may end up with revisionary breast surgery to downsize breast implants.  You may find the attached link,  dedicated to downsizing surgery concerns, helpful to you. Best wishes.

Implant Shape/Size

Thank you for your question and photo. Though breasts do tend to soften and settle in subtle ways up to a year post op, if you had full or high projection implants placed, they cannot be compressed or flattened- they were designed to maintain projection. I recommend that you discuss your concerns and expectations with your Plastic Surgeon.

Take care

Thank you for your pictures and questions. I am sorry to hear that you are not pleased with your results. I do not know if your surgeon did not listen to you, but it does sound like there was some miscommunication. I cannot imagine anyone with your body size looking for a "subtle" result choosing a 350 cc implant. Many people may tell you that you have a nice result, but in the end, if you do not like it, that is all that matters.

I would discuss your concerns with your surgeon and ask them to offer you options to revise your surgery. You can likely get him or her to change your implant at a reduced cost so that you will be happy. I would recommend considering changing to a smaller implant, or perhaps even a shaped device for a more natural result. In the meantime, wearing a compression strap may or may not help things, but you can certainly try it, as it should not hurt anything.