Feeling air bubbles side of breast 6 months post op Breast Augmentation silicone implant. Any suggestions?

I had my breast augmentation surgery 6 months ago. I have had almost no issues apart from the right not dropping as much as the left by a small amount. However now I can feel what feels like air bubbles or ripples all along the side and bottom of my left breast. I also have a dull pain when I move around. I had under the muscle, silicone, 415cc. I had my surgery done in Sydney and I live in Brisbane so don't want to fly all the way there if it's nothing!

Air bubbles after breast augmentation

While there are sometimes pockets of air in the breast after augmentation, these usually disappear by one to two weeks post op. If you are thin, it is likely that you are feeling the actual implant. That is not a serious problem and in fact quite common with both silicone and saline implants.

Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Feeling air bubbles six months after breast augmentation within the pocket is not

In a very short term sometimes patients can feel subcutaneous emphysema. This should be gone within a week. At six months you're probably feeling some irregularities in the prosthesis.

Air bubble

This Is perfectly normal and will disappear in the next few weeks. It is from air and fluid (irrigation, local anesthetic, serum, etc) in the pocket which will be naturally absorbed over time.

All implants ripple the only question is whether or not you can see or feel the rippling

What you are almost certainly feeling is the rippling of the outer aspect of the shell of your implant.  Contrary to some popular belief, silicone implants ripple just like saline implants, however, the rippling is often more difficult to feel. In very thin patients rippling will potentially visible with any type of implant. Rippling is more prominent with textured implants. Dull pain etiology is a little more difficult to determine, though it may be related to muscle release at surgery, or even tissue pain associated with monthly cycle.  That is a question your should address to your surgeon, in person, or by phone or e-mail.  Not likely to be a serious issue, however.  I hope that this helps.

Thomas M. DeWire Sr., MD (retired)
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Feeling air bubbles..

Hi, there.  From your description, it seems like you are feeling the ripples of the implants.  You probably have a small amount of breast tissue covering the implants.  Most likely you had implants in the dual plane.  If you are indeed feeling the ripples, this is normal and there is nothing you need to do.  If you are concerned, you can visit a plastic surgeon in your area to be examined.  Best wishes.