Can I have an eyebrow transplant without taking the hair from my head?

Is there any other place to take hair from on ur body to have an eyebrow transplant or does it have to be hair from ur head?

Donor Zone for Eyebrow Transplant

You can use hair from many areas of the body as described by the other doctors in this thread.  The best hair generally comes from the scalp.  I would recommend you discuss your needs and concerns with a qualified hair restoration surgeon that specializes in eyebrow reconstruction.

Irvine Hair Restoration Surgeon

Eyebrow transplant

Why should you have an apparent objection from using scalp hair for an eyebrow transplant? There is no realistic choice. And, not everyone 's scalp hair has the right qualities for an eyebrow transplant at all. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD FACS
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyebrow transplant

Without a very good reason not to use hair from the posterior scalp, which will give you the best results, then go with what works best ! It's my personal preference & will give you the best result in my experience to match the texture of the brow.

Of  course there are many options, but go with what works best ! You will be very happy.

Good luck.

Yes

Theoretically you can take hair from any part of your body and relocate it to another part of your body.
In practice it is generally taken from your scalp.  Some doctors may take the hairs from chest, arm pit, pubic area, legs, etc.  

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Eyebrow transplant

you can take From body but there is no proof that body hair will remain.  Usually we recommend to take it from the scalp because the hair in the back of the head is resistant to DHT which the hormone responsible for hair loss. 

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon

Donor hair for eyebrows

You can transplant hairs from any area of the body into the eyebrows. However, the scalp - particularly the temples, above the ears) provide the softest, most similar hairs to the eyebrow hairs. Hairs from the beard, chest, back and other areas may be used, as long as they match well as far as color, caliber and curl.

Marco Barusco, MD
Daytona Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair for Eyebrow transplants

Yes, you can take hair from the legs, assuming that you have enough leg hair. Leg hair has short telgen (growth cycles) cycles so that once the new hair has taken root, it may last in cycles of 4-6 months, then fall out and then regrow. Scalp hair is usually ideal for eyebrow hair transplants and we have performed this many time, even on very famous celebrities. The transplants were never picked up. The only problem with eyebrow transplants from the scalp is that they will grow very long, so you have to cut them two or three times a week. It takes great skill to do these because they must lie flat and many doctors can't make that happen as they are put in at a greater angle to the skin then it should be unless there is great experience with this type of hair transplant

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Eyebrow hair transplant

In theory, hair can be transplanted from anywhere on the body to the eyebrows. Ideally you want to try and match the colour, calibre, curl and growth characteristics. This will only be perfectly matched using eyebrow hair which is rarely practical. Scalp hair is a reliable source where donor scars are hidden but you should talk through the options with your hair transplant surgeon. 

Greg Williams, FRCS (Plast)
London Hair Restoration Surgeon

Eyebrow transplant - where do we get the hairs?

Theoretically, we can take the hairs from anywhere.  For eyebrows, the scalp seems to be the most reliable in terms of the chances of the hairs regrowing after the transplant. 

However, hairs for an eyebrow transplant can be taken from

1. scalp
  2. nape of neck
  3. arms
  4. legs
  5. beard (in men)
  6. axillae (underarm) - rarely done

It's important to keep in mind that there is a big difference between what is possible and what is likely to give the best outcome. Hair from the back of the scalp has the highest chances of survival after a hair transplant. In fact,  85-92% of these hairs grow back after being transplanted. That is not true for body hair transplants, where the chances of growth is much lower. 

While we can do arm and leg hair in rare cases, scalp is preferred for most.