Can Dysport injections in cheeks be reversed quickly?

I asked Cosmetic Centre for filler but they said I didn't need it and gave me Dysport which changed the shape of my face. I am very unhappy, my face was pretty but the Dysport injections have aged my face. The fat has dropped down around either side of my mouth and I cannot smile. I consulted a doctor who said the original shape may not come back. He said steaming the face may help the Dysport to disappear. What can be done?

Dysport to the cheeks

Sorry to hear your complication with the treatment. The most complications from the use of botulinum toxin occur in the two 2/3 lower face. This undesired result should be reversed in a few months. Have a good day.

Can Dysport injections be reversed quickly?

Thank you for sharing your complication. Sorry to hear of the bad results following Dysport injections. Unfortunately, there is no treatment to hasten recovery from the negative results. Typically, the face returns back to normal in 3-4 months. I hope this helps.
Good luck,

Can Dysport injections be reversed?

Thank you for your question. I am sorry you are experiencing this. Dysport cannot be quickly reversed. However, Dysport will wear off in 3-4 months. Steaming the face will not speed up this process. I recommend you see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for future treatment.

Dysport

I'm sorry that you've had such a poor result form your Dysport treatment.  The good new is that the effect will wear off in about 3-4 months.  Unfortunately, that is also the bad news. 

Time is the only solution for correcting dissatisfactory Dysport® results.

Thank you for your question. I’m very sorry to hear you are not satisfied with your results after Dysport® injections. The good news is, these results are not permanent, and, for most people, the results begin to wear off within 3 to 4 months. I can understand your interest in ways to help it dissipate more quickly. However, there isn’t any evidence to support that steaming the face or anything else will force it to metabolize faster. If you decide to have further injections, be sure to discuss these concerns with your injector to ensure you’ll get the results you want.

Unfortunately, Dysport injections cannot be reversed.

Unfortunately, Dysport injections cannot be reversed. Luckily though, the effects are not permanent. It will wear off on its own within 3-4 months. Steaming your face is not likely to help it to wear off any faste

William Groff, DO
San Diego Dermatologist

Dysport

Thanks for the question. Dysport usually lasts 3-4 months, and I don't believe steaming the face will help it disappear.

German Newall, MD

Longevity of Dysport

Dysport will gradually wear off over 3 to 4 months.  I don't think steaming will help the product wear off faster. Your muscle activity should return to how it was prior to the injections and there should be no permanent changes.

Camille Cash, MD

The good news is that the product will be metabolized at 3-4 months and you should regain your original facial features and fat distribution and regain the tone and laxity of your skin (which should not be affected by this product).

Not likely that "steaming the face" will wear off the product any sooner.

Best
Dr Karamanoukian
#RealSelf100 Member

Dyport

Fortunately, Dysport will wear off in 3-4 months.  I would recommend following up with the person who injected you and discuss your concerns.

Sunny Park, MD, MPH
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon