Can I correct my breast asymmetry without a lift? (Photo)

I have seen 2 board certified plastic surgeons concerning my breast asymmetry. One suggested a breast lift & the other said the asymmetry could be corrected with implants only. I am unsure which Doctor to listen to. Please help!

Can I correct my breast asymmetry without a lift?

Thank you for your question. An examination would be needed to fully answer.  Looking at your photos, a breast lift could address the asymmetry in comparison to breast implants alone. Review many before and after photos with your anatomy.  Best wishes

Breast asymmetry

Breast implants simply make the breasts larger, they do not correct asymmetry.  You appear to have excess skin on one side, and breast lift may be indicated on one or both sides to improve symmetry.  You would need a consultation.

Dennis Dass, MD

End result

Thank you for the question. It would be difficult to fully assess your situation without an in-person examination.  It all depends on what end results you want to have.  Visit a board-certified plastic surgeon and have a full evaluation. Best of luck. Dr. Michael Omidi.

An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess your needs and provide true medical advice.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

Breast asymmetry

Without seeing you in person, it is impossible to say for sure, but based solely on your photos, I do not think that an implant alone will fix your asymmetry. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Can I fix my asymmetry breast without a lift?

After reviewing your photo you could correct your breast asymmetry with a fat transfer to each breast. 

Fred Suess, MD

Asymmetric Breasts

The doctor who told you that implants alone would fix your asymmetry is incorrect. Your issue is not just size discrepancy, you have a skin surface area discrepancy too, which is seen in the excess hanging of your larger breast.

If implants alone were used to obtain symmetry, a larger implant would be placed in the smaller breast, and a smaller implant would be placed into the larger breast. This would create a new problem, with the larger breast being inflated less than the smaller breast, even though it has more skin. The end result would be the larger breast would look even more deflated than the smaller breast.  

The only way to achieve reasonable symmetry is by doing a breast lift/asymmetric breast reduction with or without implants.  Check your doctors.  Either one is not a board certified plastic surgeon, or one is not a cosmetic breast surgery expert, or both.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Hi, thanks for your picture and for your inquiry. The question here is that if you are concerned only about the different size or you want to enhance the shape of your breasts too?, If you care only about the size different sized implants would do the trick. I would advise to have a BL for a better achievement. Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Breast Asymmetry Correction

Looking at your photo, I would say that you would need a lift to address the extra skin and lower nipple positioning on the right. Of course, when you do different things to the different breasts (e.g. a lift on one side but not the other), you end up with asymmetric scars. 

If your goals are symmetry in clothing, you would be okay with just an implant or fat-based augmentation. However, if you are wanting to address some of the nipple and skin asymmetry, I think a lift would be required. 

Ashley B. Robey, MD

Based on your photo, another option would be fat grafting to the breasts to correct your asymmetry. This is a scarless procedure and it seems you have enough fat on the abdomen to give you a very nice and natural result. It is possible that you might need two sessions of grafting, about 6 months apart. In my practice, I find that the volume I achieve with fat grafting is stable at two months, with no further change. See a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in fat grafts to the breasts if you consider this option. Good luck.

I do not believe that your asymmetry can be corrected with implants only. you have too much skin on the right. however, if you just want them to be the same size but still look different then implants alone is an alternative

Jonathan Saunders, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon