Can you use Restylane with Sculptra for eye bags?

I have sculptra injected just on the top of my cheekbones which has helped a lot with eye bags however i still have dark circles... can restylane help with this??? If it is possible to use both how far apart does each separate treatment have to be???

Restylane and Sculptra for eye bags

Yes, both Sculptra® and Restylane® can be injected in the same facial area or adjacent facial areas at the same or slightly differing skin depths to create a "layering effect" to address multiple cosmetic issues simultaneously. If you see a board-certified Aesthetic Dermatologist expert in filler injection technique, all of this may even be accimplished in one treatment session!

Miami Dermatologist

Restylane and Sculptra

Thank you for your question. No. You should have a exam by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, and determine if you have fat pads in need of excision, or if there is another problem needing to be treated. I hope this helps!

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Restylane after Sculptra

Restylane and other fillers even though they work by different mechanisms are all compatible with one another. So, yes you can have Restylane after Sculptra, Voluma, Radiesse,or Juvederm.
I would wait a minimum of 6 weeks following Sculptra injections so you are at your new baseline.

Pigmentation around eye is not corrected with filler

If the skin is pigmented around the eye, fillers will not improve this. Laser or eye cream is recommended for this discoloration. Sculptra and Restylane can be used simultaneously or at any interval around the eye. Shadowing from volume loss around the eye will improve with fillers however. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Restylane and Sculptra

I often inject patients with different fillers during the same visit for different reasons and areas of the face.  Sculptra is an ideal volumizer for the mid-face.  Restylane can help with the appearance of under eye wrinkles or bags but may not be the treatment for the dark circles. I use a great deal of Belotero under the eyes for fine lines and bags and can be used at the same time that I inject Sculptra. Please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with facial fillers and injections for the best cosmetic results.

Combination of Restylane and Sculptra

Restylane and sculptra can be combined. However, restylane may be appropriate for the eye bags but not the dark circles. Consult in person with 3 experienced and expert physician injectors to understand your options as this is an advanced treatment.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Thank you for you question. An in person consultation or photo would help to provide an accurate answer. Filler will not remove dark circles from under the eyes. That being said, dermal filler can help to reduce the dramatic look of dark circles in some cases.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Restylane and Eye Bags

Your questions refers to 2 items ; Darkness of the lower lids and eye bags of the lower lid.

Restylane will NOT help the darkness of the lower lid. As a matter of fact, if it is injected superficially OR makes its way to the surface it may cause bluish discoloration of the skin because of what is referred to as a Tindall Effect.

On the other hand, we commonly use Restylane to MASK lower lid bags. By placing Restylane deeply along the rim of the lower socket, we fill and raise the crescent indentation known as the TEAR TROUGH or The Nasojugal Line. Doing so makes the bags appear flush with the cheeks and their prominence is greatly reduced.

Sculptra first

These products can be combined, but my thought is to complete the series of Sculptra first.  Then fill in the softer areas like under the eyes with Restylane.  Your injector may give another opinion, which may be just as valid.  The good thing is that both are superior products.  Best of luck. 

Adrian M. Guevara, MD
El Paso Dermatologist