Needing a lift after a bad breast augmentation.

Last July I had breast augmentation. Before I went in I thought I would need a lift also but my surgeon said it wasn't needed. I knew from the first time I saw my new breasts that they were going to be saggy and gross. And 1 year on they still are. Very bad rippling!! Now my surgeon said he will give me a lift but wants to do it in day surgery with local anaesthetic. So I'm wide awake. Is this normal? To me this does not seem safe and doesn't sound like the results would be good.

Second opinion

You might want to consider a second opinion from a board certified plastic surgeon. The most important thing is to find a surgeon you can trust, and if you no longer trust your current surgeon, you may want to consider finding a new one. 

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue… Breast augmentation surgery increases or restores breast size using silicone gel implants, saline implants or in some cases, fat transfer. One of the most popular and frequently performed aesthetic surgery procedures, breast augmentation has a long and successful track record in satisfying women who wish to enhance, regain or restore balance to their figures.At the first 3 to 5 months, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, feel swollen and also have bruises and open wounds, it is normal and that can happen for the first 3 to 4 months until your implants have settle in. I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support…

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Second Opinion

Hello there I think it would be wise if you got a second opinion and please make sure it is from a fully qualified plastic surgeon as there are many doctors out there who are not what they seem to be .
All the best TS

Terrence Scamp, MBBS, FRACS
Gold Coast Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift with local anesthesia?

Thank you for your question.  A wide range of procedures can be performed under local anesthesia.  Sometimes it may be supplemented with IV sedation.  Depending upon the amount and approach of the lift being performed it may be quite satisfactory.  It may be reasonable to have another opinion on the approach needed to achieve the results desired and feel completely comfortable with the recommended anesthesia as well.  Good luck.

David J. Wages, MD
Peabody Plastic Surgeon